Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ASV constant wake up cannot sleep >1hour help
Sad 
ASV constant wake up cannot sleep >1hour help

[attachment=65844]
Hello all,
found this forum in the middle of the night last night and have downloaded oscar and am getting familiar with it. Learned more about my machine in the last 12 hours than in the 2 years ive had it, so THANK YOU.
Have complex sleep apnea mostly CSA following a stoke in 2021. I'm 38 and im exhausted. I did the normal trek, Cpap to Biap to ASV and i have an Air curve 10 ASV. I was doing well on it for about a year with just a nasal mask and then something changed early last year and i started to have propblems with pressures and events waking me up. It been a year and several tweaks and mask changes and I'm still having issues. Ive palyed with pressures a little, but no significant improvements. Anyway here is some screen shots of the last three months. Any advice so a girl can ZZZ? Thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ASV constant wake up cannot sleep >1hour help
Please read the link in my signature “Formatting OSCAR Charts”. We have many here quite well versed in ASV and they can help, but you need to get some charts for them to review.
Post Reply Post Reply
There should be a default advanced OSCAR chart you can attach. Even standard detailed will help. Despite being an advanced machine, the ASV tuning is pretty easy. Likely we can help with a simple edit, turning it around in a few minutes.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum klancypants, please just hit the daily tab then F12 and it will save most of the data we need to see, it'll ask where to save to and what the filename should be.
Post Reply Post Reply

Okay trying this again. thanks guys!
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, can you give us a look at the settings area in one OSCAR chart next time? This is the lower left panel below statistics.

PS Min 5 is probably too high for your comfort. Unless there was discussion to increase it I've missed, try PS Min 3.

In charts, you can rearrange if you'd like. Skip the flow limits as they're likely to have ugly activity due to ASV therapy actions. Translation the ASV can't do much with them due to the specific mission ASV has, treating CA. Also you might swap pressure with mask pressure.

Any comments on the therapy from the how did things feel perspective? Feeling during and post therapy might be useful, especially during.

We need to get it so you can get a more continuous sleep session.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
sh*t how do  change oscar password
Post Reply Post Reply

Post Reply Post Reply
it feels like i'm just about to drop off then a big jump in pressue. causing leaks and noise. Some times i get to early stage sleep and itll wake me up the same way. I dont stay asleep or dream until i am exhausted around 6 am. Un treated, during my Sleep study, they said i had an unusually high event rate. Evdn on CPAP i event totals in the 40's. My stroke tooks out alot of blood supply to my brain stem. Please forgive me if this is full of errors or if they way im communicating doesnt make sense
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, definitely, for comfort if nothing else, edit PS Min to 3.

When you're able, give some description about what ASV feels like to guide us in suggesting settings.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low AHI but I often wake up not wearing mask PillowHugger 2 104 09-04-2024, 11:18 PM
Last Post: cizagui
  [Equipment] I Always Wake Up Feeling Like A Blowfish Kamryn 1 138 08-29-2024, 07:53 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Sleep study- Very high AHI with Central Sleep Apnea and multiple hours of CSR. Help. JoshO71 2 212 08-27-2024, 06:09 PM
Last Post: JoshO71
Question Under 1 AHI (great!) but what’s with the constant spikes on my breathing chart graph? JustG 5 235 08-25-2024, 02:47 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [CPAP] Wake up every half hour skoggy 8 543 08-23-2024, 05:03 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  [Treatment] New user struggling to wake up refreshed THEVGE 9 963 08-18-2024, 09:56 AM
Last Post: nh00
  Still wake up using CPAP urachan 9 775 08-15-2024, 11:34 PM
Last Post: staceyburke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.