Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Been reading and adjusting, ready for advice
Been reading and adjusting, ready for advice
            Hello all, I'm new to CPAP and have been using the Resmed 11 for two months now.  I had to buy an online sleep study and buy my own machine - so i'm serious about improved sleep.  I found and downloaded Oscar early on and have been using that data and the smart folks on this forum to tweak settings up to this point by reading a gazillion past posts and responses.  There is a lot to digest.  Over that time I have turned off ramp, moved pressure to 10-17 currently with EPR set to 2.  I have manual humidity (3) and hose temp (70) setup for my comfort.  Full faced mask.  My numbers have improved and I am now ready for advice from the gurus.  I am not thin skinned, tell me what you think.   Attached are 3 different days of examples - the two most recent days and one a couple of days earlier.  Mask leaks are usually from me scratching an itch...I can't help it.  

Is top pressure too high or does the pressure ceiling matter as long as it is high enough?
CA's seem to be more than expected but it maybe this isn't a big concern.

Sincerely,
David, San Juan Islands, Washington
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Been reading and adjusting, ready for advice
Welcome to the forum killoda, you're on the right path and your therapy is looking decent, I would although raise your min pressure to 10.6cm to help with the scattering of OA events, and lower your max to 15.6cm to tighten up the range a bit more and see how it goes for a few nights. Smile I don't see too many CA events nor clustering..
Post Reply Post Reply
It looks to me that you are sensitive to flow limits. I would try EPR 3 and see how you feel at that setting.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Thx all.  Set machine as indicated to try for a few days.  I went 11-16, EPR 3.  One question remains:

How does it help to close the gap between minimum pressure and maximum pressure?  If I never reach say max of 16, why not let machine setting be 20?
Post Reply Post Reply
The suggestions were to try to help with the increasing/decreasing of pressures. If you have more up and down in pressure the more disturbance of sleep.

Because of this some people do better on a static pressure like min and max the same pressure.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need some help reading and fine tuning therapy Blubarb 13 467 09-15-2024, 07:29 PM
Last Post: SeePak
  oscar advice deepsouthmike 4 157 09-14-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: deepsouthmike
  Need Advice -- Having A Lot of Issues npolite 3 177 09-13-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: npolite
  reading data from resmed sd card Rodeo 5 213 09-08-2024, 01:51 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [CPAP] OSCAR help adjusting pressure - Prisma smart georgesadam 6 253 09-06-2024, 03:26 PM
Last Post: georgesadam
  Help adjusting pressure keen.rain4317 4 302 09-03-2024, 05:36 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Looking for advice for my settings Vyce 3 215 09-01-2024, 08:01 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.