Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Advice on Pressure Changes
RE: Advice on Pressure Changes
Sleeprider,

I appreciate your thoughtful advice and thorough explanation. This is very helpful as I have an appt with my doctor at end of February. I know he will ask about the changes I have made, and I want to have solid answers and results to back it up. Thanks for that.

As, I had previously mentioned, my CA's had been averaging 6-8 since the onset of therapy (5 at study). It was only recently when I increased min and turned off EPR that it fell to a 3.2 -4.5 range. That is when I started to feel better. 

I will try straight 7 tonight and post results.
Post Reply Post Reply
Interesting results. I set 7 as fix pressure. I got up around 4am to use the bathroom and notice AHI was 10.  Normally I wouldn't change settings halfway through the night but AHI of 10 was not going to bode well for me the rest of the night. So, figured it wouldn't hurt to try pressure range of 7-9 during second half of night. 2nd half the AHI was 5.82. 

Still higher than when I had it set to 6-8.  I am going to revert back to 6-8 as I have company this weekend and want to be more alert.  If I were to try some small incremental changes to pressure next couple of weeks, which direction should I proceed in (up or down to min max), if any? Thanks again.

At original 6-8 Pressure

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-30-2024, 07:08 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: SleepHQ which is an unattributed ripoff of Oscar

I've wondered about this. It's worth keeping people informed.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Advice on pressure and conquering RERAs/CAs REMChaser 11 265 11 hours ago
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Advice on setting pressure limits esperanca 10 530 10-04-2024, 07:27 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  CA events - Advice lukewpc 5 245 09-30-2024, 04:27 PM
Last Post: lukewpc
  oscar advice deepsouthmike 4 213 09-14-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: deepsouthmike
  Need Advice -- Having A Lot of Issues npolite 3 270 09-13-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: npolite
  Looking for advice for my settings Vyce 3 271 09-01-2024, 08:01 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question Z2 pressure vs Airsense11 pressure jwalker5 2 215 08-17-2024, 12:11 PM
Last Post: jwalker5

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.