Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

nk3125 - Therapy Thread
nk3125 - Therapy Thread
Hi everyone,

I was recently diagnosed with mild OSA based on a WatchPAT sleep study (pAHI 3%=2.4, pRDI=11.6, pAHIc 3%=1.5, no CSR, supine RDI=14.1, non-supine RDI=8.5). I believe this would fall into the category of UARS. I was prescribed APAP 4-20cm and got an AirSense 10 AutoSet a couple of weeks ago. After a bit of a rough start with masks, I finally found the N30i seems to work well for me (knock on wood).

I am a 32 year old male with previous diagnosis of a deviated septum and large turbinates. I currently take Flonase and Astepro to help mitigate nasal congestion. I had a previous history with migraines, but I've been using Breathe Right strips for the last 10 years, which has eliminated most of my headache symptoms. I initially sought out a sleep study due to excess tiredness during the day. 

Now, I'm looking to optimize my therapy a bit. Since my AHI wasn't high to begin with (and my understanding is that these machines don't flag RERAs accurately), I think I need to be optimizing around flow limitations and reducing arousals. I've attached the six recommended OSCAR graphs below from last night.

My reported flow limitations seem low (0.01 95%), but I'm noticing a lot of areas where the inhalation phase is a bit bumpy or plateaus and the machine isn't tagging that as a flow limitation.

A few questions I had looking through my own data:

1. Should I worry much about areas of apparent flow limitation if the machine isn't flagging it as flow limitation?
  2. Can the choice of mask impact flow limitations? I noticed many more flow limitations being tagged by the machine when using the N20 compared to either the P30i or the N30i that I'm using currently.
  3. What counts as an arousal? I'm noticing areas where I have one or two large breaths and then goes back to normal
  4. Any setting changes that would be recommended? Based on other threads, I narrowed my pressure range and enabled full-time EPR=3 to try to reduce the flow limitations.
I really appreciate anyone taking a look at this. Thanks! 

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Angela's Therapy Thread mawaw1992 1 32 14 minutes ago
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [CPAP] xirokx - Therapy Thread xirokx 112 2,772 1 hour ago
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Fantasieimpromptu - Therapy Thread Fantasieimpromptu 8 77 6 hours ago
Last Post: OpalRose
  sleepyveem's therapy thread sleepyveem 11 593 Yesterday, 12:10 PM
Last Post: sleepyveem
  Zeno's therapy thread Zeno 10 307 09-16-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: Zeno
  Brigabart's Therapy Thread Brigabart 10 269 09-15-2024, 10:00 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  [CPAP] eok361 - Therapy Thread eok361 100 6,108 09-13-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.