Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New user questions
New user questions
Hi, there. New to CPAP and just stumbled on this forum. I'm a truck driver and CPAP was mandated as a condition of keeping my Med cert.  I've been using the AirSense11 for a bit over 2 months and I've been pleasantly surprised how well I've adapted to it.

My diagnosis score was 41.6 and I was down under 5.0 within 3 days. However, my score varies from a low (so far) of 0.5 to a high of 4.7.  My machine reports "mask seal was great last night" every morning, but the myAir app often shows "adjust". What accounts for the variance in incident count?

My other question today regards settings on the unit. I don't want to start messing with the medical side, but when I adjusted the climate side (increased by one temp & humidity) to help with dry mouth I ended up with so much "rain out" that it sounded like a bong, so I went back to "Auto".  Does my diagnosing physician monitor my machine and adjust the prescription (pressure, temp ranges, etc) remotely?

A lot of this wasn't covered when I was issued my machine.  Thanks for any advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New user questions
Welcome. The first piece of advice you will get will be to download and install Oscar, which will unlock the vast amount of data your machine actually records. Including screenshots of your properly formatted data will allow the experts (not me) to make suggestions for fine tuning your therapy. Instructions for setting up Oscar and presenting the data are easily available.

I was delighted to delete the MyAir app, as I found it worse than useless.

Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, posting Oscar will help us help you! Smile
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, Resmed xPAP units tend to be overly generous with smilies, when the mask is leaking like heck. Post some Oscars, and you'll get guidance from there.

It's very likely your doc is doing nothing with settings, but simply getting a one-month at-a-glance report from the DME. And IME neither the doc or the DME gives a rip about finessing things if your AHI is <5. Their pay is based on that number.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResMed F40 mask questions? WCR1950 11 681 08-07-2024, 09:18 PM
Last Post: LuminousOne
  Few Questions APAPNewbie 7 376 08-03-2024, 10:57 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Thoughts after less than a week, and questions SkySleep 18 681 07-14-2024, 12:18 AM
Last Post: SkySleep
  [Equipment] EERS vent questions Humancyclone7 7 534 06-20-2024, 02:30 PM
Last Post: Humancyclone7
  Inspire questions AlexB33 4 478 06-16-2024, 01:43 PM
Last Post: Jibbs103
  ResMed F20 Mask Questions cprstn54 0 227 06-04-2024, 09:10 AM
Last Post: cprstn54
  Juniper's questions juniper 96 3,745 05-14-2024, 11:20 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.