Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help needed with Aircurve 10 Vauto settings
Help needed with Aircurve 10 Vauto settings
A little back story first, I was on a ResMed Aircurve 10S set at 8E12I, but after about 30 days or so, my settings would need changed. We changed to the ResMed Aircurve 10Vauto so the machine would follow the change(s). I can't seem to get the settings where they need to be. The script used when sent to me was 5E/20I/6PS, which performed horribly. Does anyone have any suggestions from the Oscar reports attached that might be helpful?

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help needed with Aircurve 10 Vauto settings
I'll step aside for pressure suggestions allowing those more familiar with VAuto to give suggestions.

I will say 2 things, 1) leaks need better control and 2) you might want to edit Trigger to high with a trial of a night or 2 then maybe you'll want even more Trigger at Very High. Trigger can affect your CA areas.

Leaks are often connected to the mask, the fitting, and adjustment of straps. Can you comment on these? Such as extra tight straps can actually create more leaking. It may be you need to swap a different sized cushion, lots of cases it may need to be larger.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-17-2024, 10:10 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: I'll step aside for pressure suggestions allowing those more familiar with VAuto to give suggestions.

I will say 2 things, 1) leaks need better control and 2) you might want to edit Trigger to high with a trial of a night or 2 then maybe you'll want even more Trigger at Very High. Trigger can affect your CA areas.

Leaks are often connected to the mask, the fitting, and adjustment of straps. Can you comment on these? Such as extra tight straps can actually create more leaking. It may be you need to swap a different sized cushion, lots of cases it may need to be larger.

Thanks, SarcasticDave94,

Leaks have been a problem since starting with this machine, I have ordered a F30I to replace the Dreamwear Full face that I have, seems like many people get better results with it when compared against each other. I changed the trigger to high this morning hoping to reduce CA's, so we'll see what tomorrow's results look like.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hopefully when you get your new mask you can get your leaks under control. Others may have suggestions about pressure adjustments, but I don't. Get your leaks under control and then maybe we can get more reliable data.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay, so almost a month later and I have been using the new mask every night since I received it but continue to have leak issues. As I watch the pressures where these leaks kick in, I have never been that high of pressure, so I tend to believe that the increased unnecessary pressures are the cause. Last night I tweaked one last support pressure that seems to have made a huge difference. I had the SP set at 2.2 and was getting some really good results but would sometimes still get these runaway pressures. I increased it to 2.4SP and got these results, I realize it's only one night and what I'm showing is only about 3.5 hours but does anyone see anything that stands out to them that I should change?

Thanks in advance for the help...
Steve   Sleep-well

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi SDM1, that pressure range is really pretty large so I would lower your max ipap pressure from 20cm down closer to your 99.5% pressure which would be around 13cm, this will help with the pressure spikes/leaks and raise you min from 5cm to 8cm.
Post Reply Post Reply
Say, @sdm1, it's difficult to read your Oscar charts because they don't follow the standard layout. Would you mind reading the instrux? Then, you'll only have one chart per night, with everything in protocol order.

Many folks have trouble with settings as low as 5 and as high as 20. Follow the settings directions of Advisory Members.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here are last night's results, I'm leery about changing my minimum pressure since my ever-changing settings are the reason we went with the Vauto. I'm changing them today to be a minimum of 7.0, max 13.0, to see what happens. Do you see anything else that stands out to you?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
The leaks are reading pretty high for large sections of time, and it appears there may be a mix of mask and mouth leaking.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Needed to Understand Arousals ravman 3 201 09-14-2024, 05:09 PM
Last Post: ravman
  Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV: Central Apnea Not Relieved RVSleeper 50 1,957 09-13-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: RVSleeper
  Seeking Advice on BiPAP AirCurve 10 VAuto Settings for Upper Airway Resistance Syndro chacha897d 1 240 09-07-2024, 08:13 PM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Resmed 10 vauto can hear breathing Officialdee 6 201 09-07-2024, 06:14 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Equipment] Can I use Aircurve 10 ASV (PaceWave CS) instead of an Aircurve 10 Vauto ? Gillyweed 7 267 09-06-2024, 01:28 AM
Last Post: tcinoz
Information [CPAP] Aircurve 11 Oscar Chart WeaponizedCactus 7 295 09-05-2024, 01:00 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New user, support needed please Katie.williams 8 313 09-05-2024, 11:22 AM
Last Post: Old Steve

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.