Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Aircurve 10 VAuto - (optimizing advice and questions)
Aircurve 10 VAuto - (optimizing advice and questions)
Hi,

Finally got my hands on the Aircurve 10 VAUTO, after 1,5 year trying out the Löwenstein Prisma Smart Max, Prisma 25S and Airsense 11.

Best night in a long time. I wanted it because of the options of manually setting Trigger, Ti Max/min, cycle etc.

Hit the sweetspot almost after first night/settings and would like your advice on how to adjust to:

1. How to best raise tidal to around 600 (+epap or more PS?)

2. How to avoid arousals and reras?

I am so happy for the result and feel it is NOW time to get better!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: First night on Aircurve 10 VAUTO=success (need optimizing advise)
Why do you think you need a tidal volume of 600? Your numbers look fine.

There is no magic to avoiding arousals/RERAs. You have very few in the posted chart, so I would not suggest any changes at this time.

Give it more time, a few days to weeks, then post another chart if you are having any concerns or issues. For now you did a great job finding settings to give you excellent results.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's usually not a useful exercise to increase tidal volume because your respiration rate will naturally compensate (slow-down) to leave minute vent the same. So while you can use more pressure support to force a higher tidal volume, it usually makes no difference in your average respired air, and can cause more sleep disruption or centrals. I really don't like to use a bilevel to supplement respiratory effort beyond what is needed, and have seen generally poor results in members that have jacked up the pressure support way above needed levels, i.e. 6-+ cm. That said, I have no problem with anyone trying PS at 4.0.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
PeaceLoveAndPizza:

I read that tidal volume should be 6-8ml/kg multiply your ideal body weight. From my height of 190cm my ideal weight is around 85-90kg. Multiply that with 7ml/kg equals a tidal volume between 595-630.

I get the point Sleeprider reefeers to, that it might be more important to look at the respiration rate and minute vent, which looks good, eventhough tidal volume is 520.

I will try and keep settings there, but might try and set Cycle to high and PS of 4, but keep changing one setting at the time.

Thanks to the both of you!
Post Reply Post Reply
Arousals quick question
I am running epap 11 + PS 4 on Aircurve 10 vAuto.
Still have a lot of arousals.
Is increasing epap or ipap the most "normal" way to treat the arousals?
The flowrate is decreasing a little and last breath, before arousal, is flattened on top.
I see several awakenings and respiratory instability after these arousals in general, but not that much in this example.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Arousals quick question
Stubert,

I moved your most recent post and merged with the thread that started with the use of the VAuto BiLevel, as you are inquiring about the same issue.  

Please, going forward, use this thread for your therapy questions and posting graphs.  

Thanks!  Smile

Hopefully, you are happy with your newest machine.  Your numbers look wonderful and I see no reason to adjust anything.  
Don't worry so much over a few arousals.  This is normal for most of us.  What's most important now is how you feel.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Aircurve 10 VAuto - (optimizing advice and questions)
I went down this road a while back with tidal volume and my size being 'appropriate'. I tried raising pressures, etc. and my tidal volume 'Med' got to about 620; however, my sleep was terrible even though the numbers looked good. I now have more manageable pressures and my tidal volume sits anywhere from 480-500. I was told to look at the 95% number for tidal volume as well, which aligns with most calculators out there. 

Some people are more shallow breathers than others, and like others have said, the body compensates for minute vent. Just my thoughts as I was chasing the same with tidal volume and found it to be a waste of time and sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Aircurve 10 VAuto - (optimizing advice and questions)
Stubert, I don't see any need for setting changes on your Vauto. Your event rate is exceptional, and there are no flow limits to address. The zoomed image shows no respiratory event predicate for the one-breath blip. There is not a respiratory or setting issue to fix here.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Mod Note] Are There Any Aircurve 11 ST ot ST-A Users? Crimson Nape 2 114 Yesterday, 12:00 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Interpreting and Optimizing machine Hsiaower 2 180 10-03-2024, 11:02 AM
Last Post: Dormeo
  ResMed F40 mask questions? WCR1950 16 1,001 10-02-2024, 08:48 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  CA events - Advice lukewpc 5 217 09-30-2024, 04:27 PM
Last Post: lukewpc
  Resmed Aircurve 10 VAUTO turning itself off and on throughout the night?? 17WRX 4 144 09-29-2024, 06:41 PM
Last Post: 17WRX
  Three weeks in - Some questions SleepyDwarf123 6 971 09-29-2024, 07:16 AM
Last Post: SDM1
  acquired an aircurve vauto 10/self titrating eok361 9 405 09-26-2024, 07:41 AM
Last Post: eok361

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.