Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airsense 10 System Fault 010 has me out of commission
Airsense 10 System Fault 010 has me out of commission
I got myself into a bit of trouble. My Airsense 10 had become noisy in the last month or so, emitting a soft moan / whistle noise from the blower/motor. I ordered a generic replacement blower/motor from Amazon and installed it carefully. When turning the machine back on, it runs for a few seconds, blowing hard, but then quits and issues System Fault Error 010. Resmed's technical service page shows this to be a stuck flow sensor, which typically is not repaired in favor of simply replacing the main PC board. 

The machine is 6 years old and since I acquiring it I have enrolled in Medicare. I wonder, if the machine requires major repair or replacement, will Medicare cover that and what hoops do I have to go through to get a replacement? Sleeping with CPAP until I figure it out!

Thanks for any tips.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Airsense 10 System Fault 010 has me out of commission
Hello G,

Did you take the machine apart again to make sure the flow sensor grommets didn't get pinched/squished when you reassembled the machine?  That's usually the issue when seeing that code when replacing a motor on the AS10.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi P., 

Yes, good thinking. That actually was my first thought as well. 

I took the machine apart, found that the seal of the grommets against the board fittings was perhaps slightly "off," and very carefully resecured them firmly against the flow sensor on the PC board. I also made sure the PC board itself was mounted securely so as not to allow any wiggling that might compromise the grommets' connection. Also made sure the board traces to the sensor looked okay. Then reassembled all. Regrettably, I still got the error message on restart.
Post Reply Post Reply
If the CPAP is 6 years old, get one of your physicians to order a new replacement via Medicare.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wink 
Hi SD,

Thanks, good thought. I have put that into motion and I will see how soon I can get an Rx issued to my supplier, who said it will take at least a week to get it all going. So if there is anything else I can do in the meantime, I'll do it. As we CPAP users know, "Every night counts!"   Rolleyes
Post Reply Post Reply
Hope you get therapy going again ASAP.

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey gregger, Dave is right you need to get a new machine asap, but I would also suggest keeping this old one even with the fault colde as a backup for you in an emergency. Wink
Post Reply Post Reply
Agree with you both, thanks. 

Unfortunately this machine won't operate at all with that system fault, so I think I'd have to find a used PC board to get it working again. Might be worth a shot.
Post Reply Post Reply
I replaced my blower motor and accidentally put it in backwards in the blue silicone boot.
It blew at a high speed and I immediately knew what I did. I shut it off, flipped the motor and all was fine. I never saw a code. But it was only on for 20 seconds or so.
Post Reply Post Reply
(Yesterday, 03:31 PM)gregger Wrote: Agree with you both, thanks. 

Unfortunately this machine won't operate at all with that system fault, so I think I'd have to find a used PC board to get it working again. Might be worth a shot.

Yep, I'd go that route, I've seen some of the systemboards on ebay Wink
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Zoll Remede System for Central/Cheyne Stokes Fixit50 2 132 09-26-2024, 04:05 PM
Last Post: Fixit50
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 3,001 415,620 09-26-2024, 12:29 PM
Last Post: btreger
  [Admin Note] Policy clarification [off-site advice & advice given via Private Message system] SuperSleeper 2 3,628 06-11-2024, 01:56 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  [CPAP] DeVilbiss Smartlink Module DV5M fault innovativekiwi 2 1,040 05-28-2024, 06:42 PM
Last Post: sauerkraut
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 3 858 04-20-2024, 04:55 PM
Last Post: Rickyricardo
  Resmed Heating System Errors btreger 0 564 04-05-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Inspire system JThammer 15 1,380 04-04-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: cdplatt

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.