Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airsense 11 to Aircurve 10 vauto
Gross 
Airsense 11 to Aircurve 10 vauto
I’ve got my airsense 11 dialed in decently with low AHI, currently at 7-13 with EPR at 2 but still struggling with fatigue in the daytime. 

I was able to get my hands on an aircurve 10 and was wondering where to start with settings on this in relation to the settings on the airsense 11.

Any input is appreciated, thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Airsense 11 to Aircurve 10 vauto
For the APAP settings of

Mode APAP
Min pressure 7
Max pressure 13
EPR 2 full-time

The equivalent bilevel settings would be

Mode VPAPauto
EPAP min 5
IPAP max 13
PS 2

The difference is EPR is subtracted from IPAP, whilst PS is added to EPAP.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just want to stop by and see if anyone has any input. 

Overall, I am happy with how I am tolerating the bipap vs apap, I had a really hard time with apap. I am having some aerophagia and battling mouth breathing (cheeks filling up with air, jaw relaxing and air trying to come out of mouth), but using tape to rectify that. The pressures feel good at this time though. I am using a nasal mask at this time.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Well, that’s impressive! And you’re doing well with leaks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks! It's been a lot of finagling and playing with different masks, machines, pressure settings, etc. I am having some issues with aerophagia so I am looking for some insight on how to possibly rectify that.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I think it was recommended a few posts back to try these settings as they mirrored what you were using with the A11.
It may or may not help with Aerophagia, but worth a try.  I would, however limit the maximum IPAP to 12.  

Mode VPAPauto
EPAP min 5
IPAP max 13
PS 2
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your AHI is so low that I think you have plenty of room to experiment with lower max IPAP, as OpalRose suggests. If 12 doesn't help with the aerophagia, you can try 11; if that doesn't help, 10. Stop lowering the IPAP max if your AHI goes over, say 1.

I've heard other people say they have horrible aerophagia with one pressure and then none with a pressure just .2 or .4 lower. So you should definitely play around to find your sweet spot.

As for daytime fatigue, an easy thing to try is to schedule yourself so you can get more actual sleep. Many people need a solid 8 hours. To 8 hours you should add the time it takes you to fall asleep plus the time you spend awake during the night to get the total time in bed that you may need.
Post Reply Post Reply
I changed the EPR to 2 last night and also adjusted the Timax slightly lower as I felt like it was just a hair too much inhalation for me (the standard settings felt too short). I think the aerophagia has reduced, but will report back after a few nights. 

The only thing is the jaw relaxing, tongue falling off the roof of my mouth and cheeks filling up with air. I use mouth tape but it tends to fall off due to saliva. I currently am undergoing MARPE which makes keeping my tongue on the roof of my mouth much harder. I may try a chin strap or some more resilient tape. I’ll report back in a few days.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Seeking Advice on BiPAP AirCurve 10 VAuto Settings for Upper Airway Resistance Syndro chacha897d 1 165 Yesterday, 08:13 PM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Resmed 10 vauto can hear breathing Officialdee 6 118 Yesterday, 06:14 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Equipment] Can I use Aircurve 10 ASV (PaceWave CS) instead of an Aircurve 10 Vauto ? Gillyweed 7 172 09-06-2024, 01:28 AM
Last Post: tcinoz
  Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV: Central Apnea Not Relieved RVSleeper 49 1,646 09-05-2024, 06:40 PM
Last Post: RVSleeper
Information [CPAP] Aircurve 11 Oscar Chart WeaponizedCactus 7 225 09-05-2024, 01:00 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Squealing Resmed AirCurve ASV FE350 2 104 09-03-2024, 11:06 PM
Last Post: FE350
  New resmed 10 vauto Officialdee 0 167 08-25-2024, 06:48 PM
Last Post: Officialdee

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.