Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Amazed by first night results - is this normal?
Amazed by first night results - is this normal?
Just completed my first night and got the attached results. After reading a lot of people's stories, I was gearing up for a difficult road, so I was shocked when the first night seemed to go as well as it did – never woke up once after I fell asleep (my original sleep test showed I have 19.6 AHI, so I currently have it set to 6.6 / 15 with EPM off). If anyone might have any feedback for me, I'd be very thankful. Thank you!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Amazed by first night results - is this normal?
Welcome

Wow!  You really did have a great first night, sleeping straight through for more than eight hours and having good numbers.  Yay!
I see a couple of things that might improve things even more.  I suggest the following:

Turn your beginning pressure up to 7 or 8.  This will improve therapy and comfort.

Turn EPR on full-time, set at 3.  This will lower your flow limits, which are like small apneas.  This too will improve your therapy and comfort.

You are off to a great start!  Smile
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-11-2024, 11:30 AM)Deborah K. Wrote: Welcome

Wow!  You really did have a great first night, sleeping straight through for more than eight hours and having good numbers.  Yay!
I see a couple of things that might improve things even more.  I suggest the following:

Turn your beginning pressure up to 7 or 8.  This will improve therapy and comfort.

Turn EPR on full-time, set at 3.  This will lower your flow limits, which are like small apneas.  This too will improve your therapy and comfort.

You are off to a great start!  Smile

Thank you so much for your kind words and helpful advice! I raised my beginning pressure to 8 and got the attached results (even better than the previous night!). I will try changing the EPR to 3 tonight (wanted to make the changes individually so I could track the differences), but do you think it's worth pulling up the minimum pressures even higher based on the pressure chart?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Sure.  Go to 9 and see how you sleep and feel. Smile
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
I would agree with Debra set EPR full time 3. Your large peaks of pressure is due to your flow limits. I don’t think you need have a higher min pressure.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Understanding sleep study results Moemah123 0 46 8 hours ago
Last Post: Moemah123
  OSCAR Results Help Napnea4 4 162 09-07-2024, 10:56 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
Question [CPAP] Oscar results - How can I improve on this further? nomosnow 4 241 09-05-2024, 09:48 AM
Last Post: nomosnow
  Doubts about my diagnosis? (Test results + First night with CPAP) IAXEM 15 1,446 09-03-2024, 08:32 PM
Last Post: IAXEM
  Confusing WatchPAT One results jordybug 1 149 08-30-2024, 04:07 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Caked Residue In CPAP Water Reservoir, Is It Normal? Kamryn 3 207 08-30-2024, 12:36 AM
Last Post: Rickyricardo
  Is it normal for Resmed 10 blowing noise to be very noticable at high pressure >13 snortle 4 246 08-29-2024, 09:49 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.