Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Alarming results on oscar
Alarming results on oscar
Hi,
Ive been on cpap about 6 months but only just found out about oscar so had a look. alarmingly, it looks like ive got episodes of CSR. should i be worried about this? also it looks like most of my events are CA but i was diagnosed with OSA, is that wrong? also, im still very tired in the day, any advice? TIA

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Alarming results on oscar
You are running your instrument with the factory setting, which can be improved. But first, please ensure we can see the bottom of your AHI section containing all the instrument settings.
Post Reply Post Reply
here is the bottom half of the screen

Post Reply Post Reply
Lucy, instead of "CSR," the green flagging should really be labelled "periodic breathing." PB is a general category of unstable breathing; CSR is a very specific subcategory of PB.

Please post a zoomed-in view of an area in the chart that is dense in CAs -- maybe a stretch of about 15 minutes. That will help us make sure you're not having CSR breathing.

But I do want to ask whether your CA index is usually over 5. Could you let us know?

You might consider getting a (free) account with SleepHQ and sharing the link to your charts. That will allow us to zoom in on parts of your flow rate ourselves.
Post Reply Post Reply
I suggest the following alterations in your settings.
Pressure min: 7 cm
EPR=1 Full time.
Ramp off

With this setting, your AHI is expected to decrease.
Post Reply Post Reply
hiya, thanks for the reply. I havent heard of sleep hq, but ill have a look and sign up. heres a zoomed in view where you can see im having lots of CA's

thank you, when i work out how to change the settings i will take your recommendations.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the zoomed-in view. That doesn't have the appearance of CSR, which produces a sinusoid shape along the tops of the inhalations. So I don't think you need to worry about CSR.

If you'd like to try the settings recommended by G. Szabo, you can enter the clinician's menu on your machine by holding down the home button and the round dial together for several seconds. Be sure to press the round button to save your changes.
Post Reply Post Reply
Do the CA results mean I have central sleep apnea?
Post Reply Post Reply
Lucy, the presence of CA events in new users is very common, and rarely persists. These generally resolve spontaneously as you adapt and become adapted to the better ventilation with CPAP. Your current settings are not helping you, and I'd like to suggest some changes that will stabilize pressure and make the EPR you experience more consistent. With a minimum pressure of 4.0, you get no EPR because that is the minimum pressure the machine will deliver, so you start off at 4.0/4.0 (inhale/exhale), and as the pressure rises the pressure difference between inhale and exhale increases to 5/4, 6/4 and 7/4 and 8/5. By increasing minimum pressure to compensate for EPR, we can give you a much more consistent experience. Also by decreasing the EPR setting, we can reduce the effect of EPR on ventilation, specifically avoiding the loss of CO2 which leads to the CA events.

Please revise your settings to minimum pressure 6.0, maximum pressure 9.0 and EPR full-time at setting 2. We can take a look at your results with those settings and further refine if needed.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you so much for the help. This illness has affected me greatly and I just want my life back now so I can't tell you how grateful I am. I'll put those new settings on tonight and report back tomorrow.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need help analyzing results. Low AHI but still sleepy boromt 3 171 Yesterday, 07:30 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Help with Sleep Study Results cjk422 8 205 Yesterday, 09:51 AM
Last Post: cjk422
  Understanding sleep study results Moemah123 11 361 09-18-2024, 06:48 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR Results Help Napnea4 4 199 09-07-2024, 10:56 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
Question [CPAP] Oscar results - How can I improve on this further? nomosnow 4 273 09-05-2024, 09:48 AM
Last Post: nomosnow
  Doubts about my diagnosis? (Test results + First night with CPAP) IAXEM 15 1,481 09-03-2024, 08:32 PM
Last Post: IAXEM
  Confusing WatchPAT One results jordybug 1 177 08-30-2024, 04:07 PM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.