Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airsense 10 with modem safe from suppliers?
Airsense 10 with modem safe from suppliers?
Hi all,

I disconnected the modem on my spare Airsense 10 Autoset. Now time and date are not synched anymore.
I need date and time synch for OSCAR.

So I've connected the modem again.

Is there something Resmed or the supplier can do to my machine? 
Like disabling it?

It's a second hand machine, probably registered to the previous owner.

I'm not worried about data safety, more about being safe from meddling suppliers.

Thanks,

Charan
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Airsense 10 with modem safe from suppliers?
To the best of my knowledge, the AirSense 10 machines do not synch their time to anything. Their clock runs either fast or slow, and you will have to manually set the time periodically.

In theory, ResMed can use the modem to send software updates, but there's only been one, more than five years ago.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a used Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset. I did not disable the modem. That doesn't matter because its modem is obsolete and doesn't work. The time of day can be adjusted just like you set other parameters. Refer to the CPAP setup manuals on this website.

It sounds like your modem is not obsolete. You can disable it and adjust the time occasionally, or leave it connected. In addition to setting the time and the rare software update, the intent is to allow the doctor to monitor you remotely and adjust settings. This requires a registration between the machine and the doctor. I don't think that the original owner's doctor would be adjusting your machine. I think it's possible for you to get your doctor to register the machine to you, but you don't need to.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks RNeil,

Yes, the modem is not obsolete. It still registeres a connection on 2G.

I knew I could change the time/date settings in the menu in the Airsense 10.

But being used to the Airsense 11, where this seems to be impossible, I expected the Airsense 10 to synch time/date through the modem.
Like the Airsense 11 seems to do.

Regards,

Charan
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Higher AHI Readings on AirSense 11 than AirSense 10 Bmck8381 0 106 10-17-2024, 06:07 PM
Last Post: Bmck8381
  Suppliers with Veteran/First Responder/Nurses Discounts? StratCat48 2 223 09-04-2024, 10:22 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  DreamStation cellular modem (info on troubleshooting 1-0 error code) soyjer 2 377 09-01-2024, 01:46 PM
Last Post: soyjer
  loaner machine safe? acordeon 7 473 07-28-2024, 11:35 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Is a DreamStation Cellular Modem capable of retrieving... soyjer 1 225 07-12-2024, 07:33 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Any suppliers that sell F40 fit packs? alwyns42 1 295 05-27-2024, 05:34 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
Question Safe to enlarge nose holes on Resmed f30 Jbpl1976 3 613 04-25-2024, 08:55 PM
Last Post: Jbpl1976

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.