Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Anyone Know What a "Silicone Cushion And Seal Kit" Is?
Anyone Know What a "Silicone Cushion And Seal Kit" Is?
I saw the sleep doctor for a replacement machine since I hit the 23,000 hours on my S10. 

He approved an APAP (last was CPAP) since he knew I change the settings anyway and I am on a APAP machine which works better for me. He is ambivalent on whether it is a S10 or S11 and I am leaning towards the S10, APAP version.

So I ask for the service provider's estimate for private insurance, and they send this ridiculous list of items, for example both a FF mask and a nasal mask. And their "clinical support program" which is the hospital's job of course, a pillow, a backup battery, everything but a new kitchen sink.

One item (optional like most of them) was "Silicone Cushion and Seal Kit". I have no clue what that is. Masks have cushions and seals, so can anyone guess what this is? It's a pure rigged huge estimate because I have insurance but this one item baffles me.

Would anyone here pay $200 for a 5 year vs. standard 2 year warranty? I am not sure it is worth it, insured or not. My S10 with the motor life message is 7 years old and still going. My experience with small electronic items with a motor is they either fail out of the box or in a week or they last for years if not dropped.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Anyone Know What a "Silicone Cushion And Seal Kit" Is?
Hey Ricky, most of us have left the scam artists-dmes in the dust Smile

I think the silicone Cushion and Seal Kit is likely a 30 dollar silicon cushion for a full face setup and the humidifier airchamber seals that are replaceable in the AS10... You can purchase a replacement motor for the AS10 for $100 online if you want to swap it out.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Anyone Know What a "Silicone Cushion And Seal Kit" Is?
Well I hardly need that and I don't use a full face mask. 

My first S10 when new had a humidifier tank, so does a new one come with one tank?

They want to sell a tank but I suspect it is an extra. I have a spare now (never used) and of course one in the kaput S10 CPAP. I can't remember what is in a stock ResMed box with a new machine. I suspect a tank, hose, power supply and case. 

As for leaving the DMEs in the dust, where I live the government pays about 1/2 of the cost of the base machine and I have insurance that covers 80% of the remainder, so I can wind up with a S10 APAP as what's basically a spare to my S11 (and my new spare S9) for a couple hundred dollars. But only from approved vendors. 

I am amazed by the brazenness of all this crap they are trying to add on. I may go for the 5 year warranty (my out of pocket $40), but not the $10 (!!) each filters, another tank, their "advice", battery, pillow, heated hose and all the rest. 

I do plan to replace the S10 CPAP blower just because I like to do that sort of thing.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Silicone of new FF mask is hard for 2 weeks zeee1980 2 164 09-20-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  Mask Seal issue HarveyCPAP 2 224 09-11-2024, 11:15 AM
Last Post: HarveyCPAP
  Full face mask and spare cushion recommendation faine 2 290 08-25-2024, 01:33 AM
Last Post: faine
  Cushion covers foodphixer 2 225 08-14-2024, 10:55 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Mask Cushion Alternative walcra 1 279 07-09-2024, 09:54 PM
  Help Dialing In New Cushion SleepyDawg 1 238 06-15-2024, 12:03 AM
  Has anyone tried the AirTouch N20 after using the AirFit N20 cushion? jake79 3 479 05-29-2024, 10:45 AM
Last Post: jake79

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.