Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Anyone here NOT using a water reservoir?
RE: Anyone here NOT using a water reservoir?
Do you use a humidifier in your air-conditioned home? That may be all you need. If you tolerate non-humidified air, you're not alone. A humidifier used to be optional, and only provided for people with nose bleeds or other discomfort. Nearly all current CPAP machines are provided with an integrated humidifier, but that was not always the case, and most fee structures allow separate invoicing for the CPAP, humidifier, Mask cushion, headgear, mask frame, humidifier tub, filters, etc, even when those are integral to the device. Can you guess why?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Our whole house a/c does not have a humidifier. We live in the high country of N. AZ. Humidity here is usually pretty low, except for when our Monsoon Season arrives, like right now. 

We don't get nearly the rain that Phoenix does. Not even close! Anyways, I'm going to forgo the auto climate control feature for a few nights and see how I do.  Bigwink
Post Reply Post Reply
I have used the non-auto climate controls and set humidity on 3 or 4 and temperature at 85 (30 C). Seems to work well. Everyone has their individual comfort point.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have used a cpap device for nearly 24 years, and haven't used a water reservoir in probably 23 and a half years. Our home is air conditioned, but need to use a dehumidifer most of the year to keep relative humidity indoors right at 40%.

Don't miss breathing wet air, also have one of those side plates for the AirSense 10 to eliminate the reservoir. Just have to remember to turn off climate control before installing the side plate as you cannot access that option after it is installed (there is a magnet in the side panel that tells the cpap that the res is not there).
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a small temp. / humidity gauge that I brought up from my gun vault that is downstairs in a storage room, and set it next to my CPAP machine. It says the humidity level is 43%. That seems high, but this is our Monsoon Season in full swing.

I turned off the Climate Control option on my machine's menu. I have the water reservoir block-off plate installed. So, tonight we'll see what differences, if any, I realize. 

I've been using a water reservoir since being given my machine, back in Sept. of 2018.

I do appreciate all the replies.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have used a humidifier from day one, only because I read it helped gas exchange.

I think I will test without it now following these posts which were interesting.
Post Reply Post Reply
Last night (Friday) was a bust for me, in regards to not using a water reservoir. After about 1.5 hrs. of use, I gave up. It seemed as if the air pressure was way up. I checked this morning and my set pressure was 11 and my start pressure was 6. 

I had a terrible time trying to keep my mask (AirFit F30) from leaking. The F30 has been my "go to" mask in the past. 

After I took my mask off, I went back to bed and slept like a baby.  Dont-know

Anyways, tonight, I'm back to using a water tank and climate control on auto.  Rolleyes
Post Reply Post Reply
Where do I buy this block-off adapter? From your post, it seems its purpose is to substitute for the water tank.

UPDATE: Found an AirSense11 end cap, which seems to be what does the job. What I want it for is for when I travel, eliminating the need to take the tank along.
Post Reply Post Reply
Glad that you found what you were looking for.  Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
I want to test this climate-off that many of you are doing. I have the side plate ready to go.
I have a Resmed Airsense 10, and I don't see an off choice for Climate Ctrl, only an auto or a manual.
I can set my tube temp to off and my humidity level to off; do I just leave the climate control on "manual"?

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resmed 11 Water Chamber cyburns1 4 1,270 5 hours ago
Last Post: Tampa Jim
  Caked Residue In CPAP Water Reservoir, Is It Normal? Kamryn 3 215 08-30-2024, 12:36 AM
Last Post: Rickyricardo
  [CPAP] RedMed10 Water Chamber question Joe Bezz 26 6,394 08-23-2024, 09:29 AM
Last Post: jtardo
  Dream Station 2 Suddenly Using More Water Douglas Racer 5 300 07-07-2024, 03:59 PM
Last Post: StratCat48
  N20 mask drops of water in mask jake79 20 1,364 06-06-2024, 10:30 AM
Last Post: jake79
  CSpring Water Tank PAPAstro 9 2,917 06-02-2024, 03:05 PM
Last Post: ashcaveCPCP
  Well water and cleaning wxmcpo 7 475 05-14-2024, 08:55 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.