Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Anyone here NOT using a water reservoir?
RE: Anyone here NOT using a water reservoir?
Yes, just leave it on manual.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks

Thanks Big Guy!
Post Reply Post Reply
I hope that you have a better experience than I did.  Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
I use the tank on my 10, however, under settings it is turned off. Just let the air flow across it. No problems and I live in the deserts of AZ.
Homer

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-27-2024, 02:08 PM)JKan Wrote: I want to test this climate-off that many of you are doing. I have the side plate ready to go.
I have a Resmed Airsense 10, and I don't see an off choice for Climate Ctrl, only an auto or a manual.
I can set my tube temp to off and my humidity level to off; do I just leave the climate control on "manual"?

Thanks

You will only have that choice with the water tank in place, or nothing on the side. If you already installed the side plate, the magnet in it will tell the cpap that those setting are not available. The weird thing is, that Oscar still will report that climate control is on.

Easy way is to remove the plate, go back to the menu athen turn all the climate settings to off, then reinsert the plate.

Honestly I think ResMed has it set up like it is for people that switch back and forth from no water to water to no water, etc., like a lot of travellers do.

(07-27-2024, 06:42 PM)Big Guy Wrote: I hope that you have a better experience than I did.  Oh-jeez

There is a small percentage of people that need the tank, you could be in that group. The majority of CPAP users abandon the water within the first month of use. 

I read that somewhere (not here).
Post Reply Post Reply
I slept much better last night with the water tank back in place. Very little mask leakage issues as well. When I was using the block-off plate, the air pressure was crazy. 

The MyAir score for last night was 96. The night prior, when I used the block-off plate, it was 38.  Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
Another very good night (according to MyAir) last night with my water chamber. I scored a 96 and used almost all the water in the tank. My mask (AirFit F30) did great and no leaks that I can recall. 

I've kind of become accustomed to automatically repositioning my mask during the night. That seems to help a lot. I put the Climate Control back on auto. It's taken me a long time to find that "sweet spot" that works well for me. I can't say for sure that I've found it, but I do feel as if I'm closing in on it.  Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-29-2024, 12:42 PM)Hi Big Guy Wrote: Another very good night (according to MyAir) last night with my water chamber. I scored a 96 and used almost all the water in the tank. My mask (AirFit F30) did great and no leaks that I can recall. 

I've kind of become accustomed to automatically repositioning my mask during the night. That seems to help a lot. I put the Climate Control back on auto. It's taken me a long time to find that "sweet spot" that works well for me. I can't say for sure that I've found it, but I do feel as if I'm closing in on it.  Cool

It depends on the room humidity and your pressure my old device was between levels 2-3 I don't remember using more, currently with AirCurve10 under 14/20 pressure when the room humidity was at 40 last night I used level  7 wake up with almost empty tank after 5:30 hours but finally woke up not dry mouth.
I think when humidity higher 5-6 would be fine, current humidity 49 I will try 6 tonight.
There is no auto-level on the AirCurve, I don't know if it becomes auto with the heating tube but I'm using the slim tube now.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-29-2024, 12:42 PM)Hi Big Guy Wrote: Another very good night (according to MyAir) last night with my water chamber. I scored a 96 and used almost all the water in the tank. My mask (AirFit F30) did great and no leaks that I can recall. 

It depends on the room humidity and your pressure my old device was between levels 2-3 I don't remember using more, currently with AirCurve10 under 14/20 pressure when the room humidity was at 40 last night I used level  7 wake up with almost empty tank after 5:30 hours but finally woke up not dry mouth.
I think when humidity higher levels 5-6 would be fine, current humidity 49 I will try 6 tonight.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was a bit surprised at the humidity level. We live in N. AZ. and the humidity isn't all that much of an issue, for the most part.

The humidity level was 43% in our bedroom. It's dropped down a bit since.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resmed 11 Water Chamber cyburns1 4 1,273 8 hours ago
Last Post: Tampa Jim
  Caked Residue In CPAP Water Reservoir, Is It Normal? Kamryn 3 215 08-30-2024, 12:36 AM
Last Post: Rickyricardo
  [CPAP] RedMed10 Water Chamber question Joe Bezz 26 6,398 08-23-2024, 09:29 AM
Last Post: jtardo
  Dream Station 2 Suddenly Using More Water Douglas Racer 5 300 07-07-2024, 03:59 PM
Last Post: StratCat48
  N20 mask drops of water in mask jake79 20 1,364 06-06-2024, 10:30 AM
Last Post: jake79
  CSpring Water Tank PAPAstro 9 2,918 06-02-2024, 03:05 PM
Last Post: ashcaveCPCP
  Well water and cleaning wxmcpo 7 475 05-14-2024, 08:55 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.