Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Back up Battery Problem
Back up Battery Problem
I have a RemBatt ResMed AirSense 10 battery that I use for camping. I charged it and the battery says fully charged but the ‘ON’ button will not turn off. I have short pressed and long pressed the button but no luck. I’m assuming that the light staying on will use the battery up. Any ideas?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Back up Battery Problem
Hi Kimb! - Welcome
I'm not familiar with the backup you list. If it is a Li-Ion battery, then when they get below a certain percent of power, they will not take a charge. There is a workaround to see if you can jumpstart it. It requires a battery (or batteries) that are of the same voltage and are at full charge. Connect the positive to the positive of the other battery, and the same for the negative side. Let them sit for a few minutes, then after disconnecting them, try charging the unresponsive battery. This doesn't always work and may require a battery replacement.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
it's unlikely the battery pack would display full if the voltage dropped below minimums no? and it is Li-Ion.

what happens if you try to power your machine with it?
Post Reply Post Reply
That would be dependent if the testing device can put a load on the battery while testing for voltage.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Really struggling with finding source of problem/right settings theswerve 3 165 08-29-2024, 05:23 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 25 6,977 08-20-2024, 12:33 PM
Last Post: ejbpesca
  HDM Z1 Battery Replacement Ephraim 12 4,308 08-19-2024, 07:41 AM
Last Post: mufitcakir
  New/old user back to CPAP Starg81234 4 268 07-21-2024, 10:25 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [Equipment] Portable CPAP/APAP battery life JPOPS 10 559 07-08-2024, 12:31 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
Question Back up battery/generator for BiPap Aggie 18 982 06-30-2024, 05:46 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
Sad [Equipment] Airsense 11 Humidity problem chemesherpa 0 273 06-25-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: chemesherpa

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.