Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Best/Worst Device Setting (in OSCAR "Records")
Best/Worst Device Setting (in OSCAR "Records")
First post- I searched for something like this in the Forum, but didn't find anything in my admittedly limited search - because I'm not exactly sure what I am looking to match with a search term. 

I've been using OSCAR for awhile now, and just today noticed this summarization (Records) today - probably because I hadn't set it to be a side panel before. I am wondering how this particular Best/Worst summary is determined by the program. It is true that after about six weeks of messing around, er, titrating to a "best spot" - the past four days felt like kind of the final - for now - tests. Takes awhile to manipulate single variables to find what will actually work - and then test that against something that shouldn't work. So on 7/2, I had EPR at max 3 (which should've created a "worse" night - and apparently it did). Since I felt like I had the other variables in place, I removed the EPR variable and the past two nights now show as the "Best" setting.

What do you think? Mostly I'm wondering if anyone knows how are these "records" get determined, and possibly, without a fuller set of data, does the "best/worst" scenario seem reasonable.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Best/Worst Device Setting (in OSCAR "Records")
Welcome

There is no one best setting for everyone.  It is entirely individual.  If you download and post nightly reports using Oscar, a free program, people here can help you find your personal best settings. At the top of every page, in the black panel, you will see an Oscar link. Click on that and you can learn how to use Oscar.

Good luck!  Smile
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Best/Worst Device Setting (in OSCAR "Records")
IME that little chart will be very misleading. It's just what setting gave you the lowest AHI. It doesn't reflect conditions for any particular night. Supposing your mask was very leaky, your dog barked and you kept waking up, your daughter missed curfew and got you all worried, your shoulder hurt so you couldn't sleep in your normal position. Or, most importantly, you were AWAKE.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] LeeMan's Therapy and Questions - Device usage showing gaps LeeMan88 17 293 Yesterday, 01:04 AM
Last Post: LeeMan88
  Inspire device recall Narcil 7 307 07-31-2024, 09:46 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  Setting adjustment recommendations arichman 1 106 07-30-2024, 06:40 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Setting Pressure While Difficult to Exhale atgg11 11 519 07-22-2024, 11:46 AM
Last Post: atgg11
  The worst steps of the Apnea Weld3z 1 187 07-18-2024, 08:32 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Flex Setting Adjustment and Leak Rate grzkar 1 174 07-13-2024, 10:54 PM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  [Pressure] CA's and V-COM Device bhoskins 10 466 07-11-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: HenryECole81

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.