Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Big Gap In Readings - Hours of use too short
Big Gap In Readings - Hours of use too short
My wife and I both have Resmed Airsense 11 CPAP machines. I've used it two years and her about two months. 
Anyway, her hours of use always seem about half what they should be. She says she is wearing all night, but the CPAP says maybe 4.5 hours.
Ive included her OSCAR output for last night.  Can anyone read this and tell me what is going on?

Thanks in advance.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Big Gap In Readings - Hours of use too short
Try turning Smart Start off.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just turned Smart Stop off, but why Smart Start?
Post Reply Post Reply
It is known to cause problems in the past. This is the first place to look when you see intermittent data.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
On the next set of charts, please use the standard view. In Oscar go to View/Reset Graphs/Standard. It will help to see the leak graph as that will show if she is removing the mask, causing the shut-down of the CPAP. With Auto-Start off the CPAP will now continue to run and make noise. You should be able to hear if she is removing the mask.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-25-2024, 03:56 PM)an4g745 Wrote: I just turned Smart Stop off, but why Smart Start?

The AirSense 10 only had the one option “Smart Start”. The AirSense 11 has both start and stop. I believe they mean “Smart Stop” in your case with an 11.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK. Smart Start and Smart Stop are OFF.  Were still seeing big gaps and don't know the cause. Wife claims she is wearing it all night. How can we tell what is happening. I set all the graphs back to standard. This was from last night.  She says just one bathroom break.

Post Reply Post Reply
Your Session Information, on the lower left, is showing several short sessions. If she knows that she did not do this, I would suspect a power interruption. This could be caused by a defective power supply or a bad connection. Your model should be under warranty. I would have your DME check it out.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. I will try a different plug, but it probably is not working correctly.  Only 1.5 months old, and it has been doing it since new. Now how do I explain it to them that it's defective? That is the question. Power supply is only $30 on Amazon. Maybe that might be easier.

It makes sense now, because the CPAP was indicating the mask was removed 8-12 times a night, and wife says that is not true.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Side sleeper vs. Back sleeper readings Bob Cali 5 811 09-17-2024, 08:07 AM
Last Post: Bob Cali
Question [Symptoms] Waking up every 3-4 hours with APAP gabitzu 6 241 09-15-2024, 09:06 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
Gross Huge leaks after hours of low leaks JoeSierpinski 8 286 09-06-2024, 11:44 AM
Last Post: Narcil
  Sleep study- Very high AHI with Central Sleep Apnea and multiple hours of CSR. Help. JoshO71 2 276 08-27-2024, 06:09 PM
Last Post: JoshO71
  Waking up after roughly 1.5-3 hours InNeedOfZZZ 7 433 08-22-2024, 01:45 AM
Last Post: InNeedOfZZZ
Question Consistently Waking Up After ~3 Hours on CPAP sammyg7241 3 1,312 07-26-2024, 08:16 PM
Last Post: redpackman
  Used resmed 10 [how to find usage hours] Justbreath 6 5,888 07-13-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.