Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need help interpreting data and making adjustments
RE: Need help interpreting data and making adjustments
(02-26-2024, 01:07 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Just as a "heads-up", the 50D+ requires you to jump through several hoops to download the data.  This is based on several posts over the years concerning this model.  From what I remember, you have to have it turned on and set to a certain mode to communicate with its software.  I'm sure the instructions that accompany this device will outline the data transfer steps.  Make sure whatever device you select that it specifies that it is a recording oximeter.  The direct download option in OSCAR is for an old version of the Contec firmware that is no longer available.

- Red

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
I did some googles and lowered my EPR to 0 at pressure 9 and seen a huge reduction in central apneas

I don't want to get ahead of myself but this is lookin much much better, will slowly lower pressure to see whats the lowest I can away with

any advice, tidbits or things to keep on eye on always welcome

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
So how are you feeling? Does the reduction in CAs correspond with feeling more rested during the day? This is a key question.

One minor suggestion: try using the Autoset mode with min = max = 9. That way you can see your flow limitation graph.

If (big if) you have heavy FLs and are not feeling well rested during the day, you can try gradually re-introducing EPR. EPR sometimes causes an uptick in CAs, but it's also an excellent way to try to address FLs.
Post Reply Post Reply
For oximeters, the SleepU and Checkme are both great choices, from Supplier #40 I believe.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First week with CPAP Oscar - Adjustments phillyfan24 17 1,478 Yesterday, 06:17 PM
Last Post: phillyfan24
  [CPAP] Help interpreting OSCAR data andersh 0 98 09-15-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: andersh
  [Treatment] Making my own settings Lady Knitsalot 19 647 09-06-2024, 02:28 PM
Last Post: Lady Knitsalot
  Interpreting OSCAR data (relatively new CPAP user) bolivar98 14 737 09-02-2024, 04:44 AM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  [CPAP] 8 Month old Resmed Airsense 10 making a whirring noise JonMichael85 8 16,077 08-23-2024, 05:57 PM
Last Post: xirokx
  returning APAP'er, help interpreting OSCAR please :) tml678 2 232 08-21-2024, 11:06 PM
Last Post: tml678
  Rhythmic Breathing - any adjustments? mark.apnea 8 341 08-18-2024, 07:40 PM
Last Post: mark.apnea

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.