Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

First week with CPAP Oscar - Adjustments
RE: First week with CPAP Oscar - Adjustments
It has now been just about 5 months on cpap. I have attached some recent OSCAR charts, and would love some additional feedback. Symptom wise, I have been so-so. I still have a lot of fatigue, and have seen no let up in the fatigue. I definitely notice the fatigue is much less, especially in the morning with cpap. I have continued to use a cervical collar, and have also begun to use mask tape. I suspect I have UARS tbh, as I fit that demographic much more than OSA. I would like some feedback on the breathing pattern in the 3rd screenshot, as this is what i believe to be REM, and to be happening during these. 
Thanks in advance-

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi phillyfan24,

I'd like to see a zoomed in shot of the waveforms before and during the Hypopnea Event please if you could. I would also suggest you to please run the machine in cpap mode set to 15.5cm for a night or two (with EPR turned on fulltime and set to 3) and see if you begin to feel more rested (you're pretty close to running fixed pressure as it is) and I can't tell if EPR is on from these charts.
Post Reply Post Reply
Appreciate the reply. I have attached chart to this post. I will change pressure tonight and post after a few trials.

Post Reply Post Reply
My EPR is set to 3. I attached two charts from fixed pressure 15.6cm. One night not too bad, the other day was not good at all, one of my worst. I am starting to wonder if I would benefit from bilevel? Any recs as far as adjustments? These higher pressures have also started to cause bad stomach pains in the morning.

Post Reply Post Reply
Two more nights of data, this time I adjusted 15.8-17.6 with EPR of 3 to see if higher pressures would reduce my flow limitations. I seem to have solved my OAs, however, i am still having flow limitations, and it looks like it is primarily during REM sleep. 
I recently purchased a BIPAP (resmed aircurve 10 - saw it super cheap and figured wouldn't hurt to have in case). Do you think I should give this a try? and what pressures should i start at? my only concern switching is I am still in the "monitoring period" of my original APAP until october, but I suppose I could always return it and just manage this on my own.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR Results 1 week in, can someone tell me what is going on? clawingback14 9 185 07-31-2024, 03:17 PM
Last Post: Old Steve
  [CPAP] New to CPAP - Please help me understand my OSCAR Data hyrola 3 134 07-31-2024, 02:36 AM
Last Post: Sleeptechmaster
  Finally giving OSCAR a shot after 4 months of CPAP with no results SleeepyPuck 17 394 07-30-2024, 05:13 PM
Last Post: Rickyricardo
  New CPAP/APAP user looking for advice and OSCAR data interpretation sanchez 4 236 07-29-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  New CPAP user first OSCAR data results Jhlopez 1 140 07-25-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: Old Steve
  New to CPAP - Please help me understand my OSCAR Data hyrola 3 185 07-24-2024, 05:44 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Diagnosis] CPAP first week OSCAR results JamesMask 2 171 07-20-2024, 09:33 AM
Last Post: Expat31

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.