Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New CPAP user first OSCAR data results
New CPAP user first OSCAR data results
Hello,  I am new to CPAP just started this Monday after taking an at home sleep test study with Lofta.  I was diagnosed with severe OSA based on AHI events being 37.6.  My Rx is the standard 4-20 range on auto CPAP.  I am using the Resmed Airsense 10 with Airlift P10 nasal pillows. EPR and ramp settings are off.   I am trying to get an understanding of outside of events what I should be focused on analyzing when I review OSCAR data. I am seeing clear airway obstruction 0f 0.22 on last nights report however, did not appear on the first two nights data, is this something to be concerned with?  Based on the attached last three nights of OSCAR data is there a recommendation for updating the pressure settings?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New CPAP user first OSCAR data results
I would suggest that you start with a minimum pressure of 7 or perhaps 8cm and a maximum of 14cm.  I would feel like I was starving for air with a 4cm minimum. Turn your EPR on to 3 it will make it easier to exhale and will help with flow limits.  Post some more charts in two or three days.  Your CA's are minimal.
I am not an expert...just a long time user.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SleepHQ data for someone struggling with CPAP therhile 29 753 29 minutes ago
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Help analyzing OSCAR data - CA's? alemon 26 992 43 minutes ago
Last Post: alemon
  OSCAR Results Help Napnea4 1 27 1 hour ago
Last Post: Old Steve
  [Pressure] Help me understand Oscar report and optimize CPAP therapy Oliverwoods 1 50 2 hours ago
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  What generally are the first pressure settings for a new CPAP user ? Tenley 5 180 5 hours ago
Last Post: Jay51
  Just discovered OSCAR, how does my data look? mtdang 8 356 7 hours ago
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [CPAP] OSCAR Data richardb123 1 77 Yesterday, 11:10 PM
Last Post: staceyburke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.