Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] OSCAR Data
OSCAR Data
Hello,

I'm trying to fine-tune my CPAP machine as I haven't been getting much help from my doctor. I'm including screenshots from last night's sleep and I've been feeling really tired overall. I'm hoping that someone can help me with the settings of my machine to determine best steps forward. I am using the Evora full face mask and also a chin strap. I've been debating trying to switch to using tape to cover my mouth, but waned to see if any of the information from my OSCAR data could help if there are any settings that I need to change. 

Thank you for the help! I've really been struggling to feel fully rested for quite a while. 

***  Moderator Note: Corrupted image removed  ***
Images can not be inserted directly into a post or hosted from a personal computer.
Please upload apnea related images (only) to the Apnea Board server, or use an image hosting service for all others.  
Please read this link for further information:  "How to: Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board" .

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR Data
Two things I that would help.  First you need to set the EPR to Full time, set EPR 3.  The second is you have a few positional apnea.  You can see positional apnea where either H or Oa events are clustered together.  Getting rid of as many as you can will lower your AHI.  Positional apnea can NOT be controlled by pressure changes.  You have to find out what position you are getting into and cutting off your own airway.  Have you changed your sleep position?  Sleeping on your back?  Using more (or new) pillows?  These things can cause positional apnea by chin dropping to your sternum and cutting your airway.  Think of it of a kinked hose – nothing can get through – you have to unkink the hose…
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to OSCAR, need some help understanding my data sleepadventure 6 272 7 hours ago
Last Post: sleepadventure
  [CPAP] Help interpreting OSCAR data andersh 0 47 Yesterday, 10:34 AM
Last Post: andersh
  [CPAP] Self treating: Advice for tuning after first night OSCAR data? citrus1 12 320 Yesterday, 10:23 AM
Last Post: citrus1
  [Treatment] Newbie and oscar data Trasto 5 206 09-14-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
  Help analyzing OSCAR data - CA's? alemon 33 1,326 09-13-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [CPAP] Please help, first time analyzing my oscar data napnea 3 121 09-13-2024, 02:38 PM
Last Post: Old Steve
  Oscar data help yoyoman2024 4 117 09-13-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: yoyoman2024

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.