Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Bipap Settings Help
RE: Bipap Settings Help
Unfortunately my home computer isnt working so I had to use my work computer, which wont let me downlaod and install anything.
Post Reply Post Reply
I get it.  I hope you can get your home computer working again soon.  Smile  I'd be lost without mine.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
I know, its brutal.

I am concerned about my tidal volume if anyone has suggestions. If i bump the pressure I get centrals, probably because of the tidal volume increase.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi All,

Anytime I change my pressure i have many centrals show up, same with mask. Last night i couldnt sleep and tried to mess with the settings on the fly with the nasal mask for the first time. I tried to move to a nasal pillow mask and I had alot of centrals so I had to switch back to hybird.

ANy tips on pressure. I am struggling so bad. Should i just go nasal mask with basic settings to get a baseline again

vauto
Ipap 15
epap 8
ps 3

Min .3
max 2

Trigger high
cycle med

Here are a few nights with typical hybrid/ffm on

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
OSCAR reports you are in S mode with pressures of 12-18, PS 3. Maybe the settings you mention weren't locked in.

Have you tried Very High Trigger to work somewhat against CA? I'm doing this on my VAuto as I'll get high CA otherwise. I used to use ASV due to extra high CA, and so far trigger helps curb this in mine.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry, I was asking if I should try those settings as a baseline, since I am clearly adjsuting my stuff too much and too often. Chasing my tail with no plan, which is not smart and frowned upon, but I feel so bad I cant help myself.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, copy, yes go ahead and try VAuto mode, and the pressure you mention, include High or Very High Trigger.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Persistent Hypopnea and Unclassified Apnea Issues with BiPap Settings behtaaash 7 281 09-09-2024, 11:57 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Seeking Advice on BiPAP AirCurve 10 VAuto Settings for Upper Airway Resistance Syndro chacha897d 1 216 09-07-2024, 08:13 PM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Do these settings make sense on an ASV and is it even worth trying a BiPAP? erouting 6 177 08-28-2024, 08:46 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Help with BiPaP settings steveko23 6 281 08-20-2024, 01:39 PM
  Do I need a BiPAP? phoen1kx 2 294 07-30-2024, 04:47 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Stop me if you've heard this before. Looking for help updating BiPAP settings Cape67 0 182 07-29-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: Cape67
  BiPAP ASV Settings check possible? AfibApnea 35 1,274 07-25-2024, 11:38 AM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.