Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Blank Areas on OSCAR Daily reports
Blank Areas on OSCAR Daily reports
This is an example of the blank areas I get on OSCAR reports.  One out of about 6 reports has blank areas that can cover most of the report.  Any thoughts on cause/cure for blank areas?
I don't see my screen shot.  I see [attachment-55104].  If the screen shot not visible please advise how I went wrong there. Okay, when I post, the screen shot appears.

I only give suggestions from experience as a fellow CPAP user, not professional advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Blank Areas on OSCAR Daily reports
First, was the SD card in the CPAP the complete time?  Basically, we are looking to see if the missing data was imported.  A quick test is to purge that day's data and reimport it. If it is still not there, then you will need to look on the SD card to see if those files were actually written to it.

Also, your screenshot is blocking your session times (lower left - Session Information).  Please follow the steps below to take a screenshot.  Using this method reduces the calendar and allows more information to be displayed.
  1. Make sure that your display is set to the Standard view.  (View > Reset Graphs > Standard)
  2. For future display, go to File > Preferences > Appearance > Graph Settings > Graph Height .  Based on your image above, enter a value of about 125.  This will resize all graphs to allow for more of them to be displayed on one screen without making them too small.
  3. To take a screenshot of your Daily screen, select one of the following:
    • For Windows or Linux: Use the F12 key
    • For a Mac: Use the Fn+F12  key combination.
Good luck!
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
First, was the SD card in the CPAP the complete time?  Basically, we are looking to see if the missing data was imported.  A quick test is to purge that day's data and reimport it. If it is still not there, then you will need to look on the SD card to see if those files were actually written to it. 

Also, your screenshot is blocking your session times (lower left - Session Information).  Please follow the steps below to take a screenshot.  Using this method reduces the calendar and allows more information to be displayed.

1. Make sure that your display is set to the Standard view.  (View > Reset Graphs > Standard)

2. For future display, go to File > Preferences > Appearance > Graph Settings > Graph Height .  Based on your image above, enter a value of about 125.  This will resize all graphs to allow for more of them to be displayed on one screen without making them too small.

3. To take a screenshot of your Daily screen, select one of the following:
    • For Windows or Linux: Use the F12 key
    • For a Mac: Use the Fn+F12  key combination.

First: Yes, SD Card is in CPAP the complete time.
Purge done, data reloaded, still blank area(s)
Look on SD card shows 10 files for each date of the session
1. Working with a Mac Laptop here.  I placed display to default view, and closed the calendar, but still have to scroll up to bring session times into view on a daily report.
2. I don't think that instruction path applies to a Mac Laptop I have.  Maybe a Windows path.  Under file on this Mac there is no Preferences Appearance or Graph Settings.
3. I use shift + command + 5 for screen shots.  I can take whole screen or any portion of one. Fn+F12 may be for older Macs.

Session Times for the the screenshot are:
Date        start    end
9/22/23  12:00  14:49
9/23/23    1:53  10:13
I only give suggestions from experience as a fellow CPAP user, not professional advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
This is a screenshot with display set to default.  It shows session times and the blank area problem.

Post Reply Post Reply
Based off your screenshot, you are up against a Resmed day change. I don't know if that may be affecting it.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Each sleep session is a day change and the blank areas happen before the day change then continue.  The blank areas happen intermittently with nothing I can find that causes data to be blank for X amount of a sleep session.

Maybe a CPAP factory reset, and new SD card will remove gremlins.

Maybe someone on this forum has had a similar issue, but I can't find a post with such.

Thank you for your replies.
jb
Post Reply Post Reply
Zip up your SD card, using your AB member name as the file name, and send it to my dropbox. I'll take a look at the data for you.

Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/request/Z7AvAEAahNyegMHb4Snb

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-14-2023, 02:00 PM)ejbpesca Wrote: 1. Working with a Mac Laptop here.  I placed display to default view, and closed the calendar, but still have to scroll up to bring session times into view on a daily report.
What sized screen are you working with?  My Mac has a 13" screen, and without oximeter data, I can still see the xPAP imports
2. I don't think that instruction path applies to a Mac Laptop I have.  Maybe a Windows path.  Under file on this Mac there is no Preferences Appearance or Graph Settings.
Correct!  For macOS it is Command + , (command  + comma) or OSCAR > Preferences > Appearance > Graph Settings > Graph Height
3. I use shift + command + 5 for screen shots.  I can take whole screen or any portion of one. Fn+F12 may be for older Macs.
Fn + F12 should work for all Mac's.  You may have missed the security pop-up that asked you to allow OSCAR to record your screen.
fn + F12 sets the graphs in the preferred order and closes the calendar, pie chart, right sidebar, etc. for your screenshot.  Using shift + command +5 (or 4 or 3) is the Mac specific way of taking a screenshot, but it does not reorder the graph's or close the unnecessary extras.
Jeff8356

NOTE:
Jeff8356 has not been active on forums since October, 2023.
He cannot reply to you.

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
I have never zipped files.  I think it is a sort of compressing the data.  I am working with a MacBook.  I will have to get instructions on how to zip up my SD card's files.   I am thinking making a new folder with my name on it, put copies of the folders on the SD card inside it, then zip up that folder and its contents....maybe.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you go to the Help menu in OSCAR, look under the item, "Troubleshooting" for the option to "Create zip of CPAP data card". Just be sure to have the card in the computer when you do this.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Print daily reports for several days Olivier France 10330 0 45 09-16-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Olivier France 10330
  Printing List of Daily Events & sidebar info Yukonlilye 0 124 08-21-2024, 12:34 PM
Last Post: Yukonlilye
  Cant find Somnopose data in daily view graph Joey76 2 228 07-18-2024, 12:45 PM
Last Post: Joey76
  Can't View Daily Charts LuminousOne 19 970 07-15-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: LuminousOne
  OSCAR Overview ignores unselected parts of session in daily Jan Flikweert 0 364 05-11-2024, 06:18 AM
Last Post: Jan Flikweert
  Oscar: Restore Daily View After Zooming Sleepster 2 348 05-04-2024, 07:50 AM
Last Post: Sleepster
  OSCAR Reports Omitted Some ResMed Sleep Sessions RTolley 2 537 03-17-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: RTolley

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.