Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Buying masks from Lofta for the first time (prescription required?)
Buying masks from Lofta for the first time (prescription required?)
I want to try the P30i and P10 masks. I got my only mask (F20) through Apria with my insurance. I've heard a lot of bad things about Apria and I am not eligible for a new mask under insurance until late August. Should I buy the mask through Apria or can I use my prescription to buy through Lofta or [DME Link Removed] Supplier #1?  A prescription is required to buy masks on Supplier #1 but I don't see any warnings about a prescription being required on Lofta as I look at my shopping cart with the P30i in it. Does Lofta not require a prescription for mask purchases? Do I need a specific prescription for the mask I plan to purchase or do I just enter my insurance card info? Wanted to ask here before I call Apria, Lofta, or [DME Link Removed] Supplier #1 and commit to one.

-----
Moderator Action: DME Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, links to DME-owned or DME-operated websites and links to pages that sell prescription-required items are prohibited in forum posts.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules.

-----
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Buying masks from Lofta for the first time (prescription required?)
Masks are personal for all of us and each online store has different policies. Some will only sell entire mask kits requiring a prescription, others will sell parts you can use to build your own. Consistently inconsistent.

You have a prescription, you just need to get a copy from your doctor. Once you have it you can buy anywhere.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use Lofta as they will give you store credit to try a new system if the one you order doesn't suit your needs.
Post Reply Post Reply
Nice. I had read similar comments on previous threads. I was able to buy the P30i and a N30i cushion on Lofta with no prescription required and will definitely keep that in mind if it doesn't work out and I want to try the P10 or F40 Smile.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 154 7,695 Yesterday, 02:43 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Apnea and Prescription Pain Meds - Beware cyberfiche 5 201 09-28-2024, 09:14 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Waste of Time? - Pulmonary Visit mark.apnea 8 329 09-26-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Another low (really low) AHI but tired - first time OSCAR user xtracheese 4 201 09-25-2024, 10:41 PM
Last Post: xtracheese
  [CPAP] Please help, first time analyzing my oscar data napnea 3 240 09-13-2024, 02:38 PM
Last Post: Old Steve
  1 year on CPAP, still tired all the time joelin02 5 571 09-10-2024, 06:39 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  purchase ASV with a bipap prescription jquintero 6 276 09-02-2024, 09:02 AM
Last Post: shallbreathe

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.