Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Bilevel settings (and other factors) revisited
RE: Bilevel settings (and other factors) revisited
And the 3 before that.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
And 2 before that. And an overview of me thrashing about looking for the best settings over the past few months. The AHI's in dark blue and green were my experiments with the ST machine. Gaps in data are where I forgot to put my sd card back in my machine. Spots in the middle reporting high minimum resperatory rate coincide with incidents of high leak rate, and then catching covid immediately after that.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
ST looks like a misadventure, but pressure was so low it's probably not a fair comparison. That is why you have so many OA events as the higher EPAP is needed to control obstruction. If you're a fan of square-wave pressure transitions and fixed pressure the ST is your Huckleberry. I think your trends are in the right direction. I see some positional obstruction from time to time in you charts, but most of the therapy is is good. Trigger on high tends to help with centrals, I don't very often suggest cycle on high and it might be interesting to contrast cycle medium with these charts. Nothing stands out as abnormal, buy you expressed a desire to make inspiration longer, and that would require cycle on low sensitivity. I:E ratio appears normal. Pressure is relatively high and I'm wondering if you needed this to compensate for positional issues.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
May I ask if your neck pain exacerbated the CSA portion of your complex sleep apnea?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Recently diagnosed with UARS and prescribed Bilevel. Need help with settings. cloudwalker 7 542 09-29-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: Jlcdsc
  Flow Limits How to Upgrade CPAP to Bilevel Deborah K. 114 13,502 09-29-2024, 06:57 PM
Last Post: Fixit50
  Bilevel self-titration for UARS ChickenTenders 11 695 09-26-2024, 12:33 PM
Last Post: ChickenTenders
  Tweaking Bilevel ahuman 25 1,458 09-10-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: ahuman
  Thinking of Taking a Break Until I Can Get Bilevel Idub88 31 1,260 09-08-2024, 07:33 PM
Last Post: PlayerTwo
  Trying Bilevel for first time - need help! sleepquality 4 380 08-18-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: sleepquality
Question Hit a dead end with Bilevel. Do I need an ASV? avhenry 10 455 08-17-2024, 06:48 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.