Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] AHI low but still exhausted, help with OSCAR data
AHI low but still exhausted, help with OSCAR data
Hi all,

My AHI is generally low, between 1-3.  I've been using the cpap for a while and still feeling exhausted all the time like I did not get into a deep sleep.  Recently I tried to adjust my minimum settings from 10-12 with the auto and then the last week I tried regular cpap mode with a current pressure of 11.  Does anyone have any ideas of what I could try to adjust to get better sleep?  It seems like my variable breathing is high, I do have enlarged turbinates but a sleep doctor at UCLA didn't think getting the surgery would fix my sleep issues.

Thanks!
Kenny

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AHI low but still exhausted, help with OSCAR data
You are having high leaks.  You will need to get those under control before you can trust your AHI results.  Some folks tighten their masks too tightly, thinking that tighter is always better, but that's not true.  Your mask should just sit lightly against your skin.  Then when the air flows in, filling the mask, the mask grips a little more to the skin, thus avoiding leaks.  You can lie down on your bed, as you would when going to sleep, put your mask on, power up, and feel around the mask to see if you feel leaks.  It's possible the connection between your mask and hose leaks.  That's easy to check.  It's also possible that the hose itself leaks or the connection from the hose to your machine leaks.  Check all these.

If it is your mask and you are not overtightening it, it could be that the mask simply does not fit your face well.  Perhaps you need a different mask. Quite a few people like the new ResMed F40 mask, and say it leaks less.  Generally, full-face masks leak the most, nasal masks less, and nasal pillows mask the least of the various types.  If you mouth breathe you can still wear nasal or nasal pillows masks if you want to if you carefully and fully cover your mouth with appropriate tape.

Hope this helps.  Smile
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New member looking for Oscar data help mttm 13 411 2 hours ago
Last Post: mttm
  Help analyzing OSCAR data - CA's? alemon 45 2,183 9 hours ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Surprised Help Interpreting Oscar data HN2207 12 275 Yesterday, 01:27 PM
Last Post: HN2207
  [Treatment] Advice with OSCAR Data sploomb 1 113 10-01-2024, 04:24 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [CPAP] OSCAR Data richardb123 7 414 10-01-2024, 03:50 PM
Last Post: richardb123
  [CPAP] Please help understanding OSCAR data; AHI 5.5 and still drowsy -_- twomashi 2 131 10-01-2024, 08:23 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
  New to Oscar, please help me understand the data. Stray 12 558 09-29-2024, 09:31 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.