Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Aircurve 11 Oscar Chart
Information 
Aircurve 11 Oscar Chart
Hello there! I started treatment about a week ago, and my sleep has improved immensely since (considering I'd been feeling sluggish my entire life). However, I still wake up tired most days (less than before, at least.) That said, I was hoping to get some tips and tricks on how to set my current device's settings!

As far as I understand, Aircurve 11 isn't fully supported. But I thought I would ask, just in case. The chart is attached. 

Also, Oscar notes that data from my device would be nice; where might I submit that, and how?

Thank you for your time!

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Aircurve 11 Oscar Chart
Your minimum EPAP should be increased significantly. Do it gradually, setting it to 10 in the first step.
You should also turn the ramp off. 
Who set your PS to 5?
Post Reply Post Reply
Admittedly that was me messing with the PS, I had felt like I wasn't getting enough air and that perhaps it was because of that setting. I've since reverted that to default and came here post that decision before messing with anything that I didn't understand.

I'll give that a try, thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not sleeping a full 8 hours yet, which I assume is me still getting used to therapy. I can comfortably fall asleep in that new setting. Something nice to note, as I'm tracking my sleep with a smartwatch as well. I've been getting more deep sleep as a result it would seem.

This is what my recent therapy session looked like, please let me know what you think. I double-checked the OA marks on the graph to see if they were false positive, as I recall seeing something like that when learning how to use OSCAR. Most of them seem to fit the description.

Post Reply Post Reply
Indeed, you have better figures. As the second step, I suggest increasing your minimum pressure to 13 cm.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just to be clear, is that the same setting?

Thank you for your time, I really appreciate you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, everytihg else should stay the same as on the lastly posted chart.
Post Reply Post Reply
You also have some Positional Apnea.  PA shows on your charts where you see clusters of events.  These happen when your chin tucks toward your chest, causing your airflow to be restricted, much like a kink in a hose causes water flow to be restricted.  No setting can fix this.  Some find that sleeping on a flatter pillow will help.  Most find that they need to wear a soft cervical collar.  This will hold your chin up and solve the PA.  Most drugstores carry a few collars, and Amazon carries lots of them.  When I wore one I liked the Caldera Releaf Collar which Amazon carries.  If you order a collar make sure it's high enough for your needs.

Good luck!  Smile
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Interpret Oscar chart please fudo 8 363 6 hours ago
Last Post: fudo
  Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV: Central Apnea Not Relieved RVSleeper 50 1,964 09-13-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: RVSleeper
  [Equipment] Can I use Aircurve 10 ASV (PaceWave CS) instead of an Aircurve 10 Vauto ? Gillyweed 7 270 09-06-2024, 01:28 AM
Last Post: tcinoz
  have autism and need help with my chart bigboyjared 7 204 09-04-2024, 08:08 AM
Last Post: bigboyjared
  Squealing Resmed AirCurve ASV FE350 2 150 09-03-2024, 11:06 PM
Last Post: FE350
  Please help me interpret Oscar chart sriteop 11 380 08-27-2024, 02:54 PM
Last Post: sriteop
  Please help interpret oscar chart panzer 2 165 08-27-2024, 11:10 AM
Last Post: panzer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.