Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Beyond ASV with Overlap Syndrome!
RE: Beyond ASV with Overlap Syndrome!
That is a bummer Dave, but that's why I ditched the whole DME/SleepDOC/Insurance BS years ago Sad
Post Reply Post Reply
We'll see how this goes. At least there's finally a doctor I visited that listened to the experience I've had with various machines.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good luck, Dave!
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks

VAuto pickup expected August 22, 2024.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think the Vauto might be a good choice for your. Let's make it happen.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'll see how well I can fly it in a few weeks.

Only been 4 years with no therapy. I'll prefer VAuto but need to demo a few minutes on S for the doc. 1 or 2 minutes ought to do it.

lots-o-coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Banana

hope it works out!
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. I guess I'll need to borrow Mom's PC. I have phone and iPad Air, no PC or MacBook for OSCAR use. Old Windows laptop is junk with Winshmoes 11 making it a rowboat anchor.
Post Reply Post Reply
Starting with the VAuto 11 tonight. We're on VAuto mode already.

New Fisher and Paykel Evora Full selected with small medium cushion and heated hose.
Post Reply Post Reply
For closure sake, VAuto or S mode... Not going to cut it. All setting combos equals waking in 2 hours. I've tried different pressure settings, EPAP, PS, IPAP, Ti Min/Max, Trigger and Cycle. S mode which doc suggests is definitely no-go being basically square wave. I'm done again until I can buy it, so that'll be a long while. Bidenomics means no money left in the budget.

I can't create OSCAR charts until I get an SD reader. It's not really important now because I'm done with the VAuto/S.

I knew the shortcomings with this. However my feeling is that backup breath rate is needed. ASV out, no-go ST, ST-A it is or full vent Astral.

I do have some predominant CA and COPD. Docs can call it whatever they want, but the symptoms are still present. They're treating the lung condition the same regardless.

So anyway, that is that.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  anyone had turbinate reduction surgery and not experience Empty Nose Syndrome? sleepingbetterinFl 4 354 09-08-2024, 11:45 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Understanding Upper Airway Resistance Syndrome (UARS) Through ResMed CPAP Data chacha897d 1 346 07-11-2024, 10:02 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Treatment] I have TMJ Syndrome and mask straps can aggravate it. KStanLD 7 1,679 07-14-2023, 02:02 PM
Last Post: Uphold9887
  Do I have Upper Airway Resistance Syndrome (UARS)? 1g0tquestions 5 1,913 07-05-2021, 03:20 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Restlessness and Restless Leg Syndrome Brian T 14 3,724 12-24-2020, 04:07 PM
Last Post: StevesSp
  CPAP + Cushings Syndrome GWild 0 992 08-10-2019, 10:03 PM
Last Post: GWild
  Restless Leg Syndrome (RLS) Zhaylin 9 2,713 10-31-2018, 04:12 PM
Last Post: Zhaylin

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.