Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Cpap Oscar Data
Cpap Oscar Data
Hi there, this is my first post in any sleep apnea forum. I was diagnosed around 12/10/23 with mild OSA. AHI of 11.8 RDI of 29 and my O2 levels reached a minimum of 78%. For background, I am a 21 yo male, 6"3, 230lbs around 20% bodyfat (I gained 60-70lbs within the last two years through going to the gym and I suspect is one of the many factors stemming to this problem). So at this moment I am trying to get a better understanding of my data through Oscar. I understand the ins and outs of the program referenced by the guides, but when it comes to extrapolating from this data, what I need to do next, I struggle. I will post some of my Oscar data from the past week, and see if anyone has any suggestions. 

Something I specifically wonder about, is why Oscar, seems to add an hour of sleep to each and every night when I know I did not get that extra hour. For example, the end time for each day would say 9 o'clock or so, but my alarm for work is always set to 8:15 am, so I know this is incorrect. It has done that for pretty much every day, and last night specifically was particularly weird. I slept about 12 hours, but Oscar says I only slept 3 hours, from noon to 2:51 pm today. In reality, I went to bed about 2 am last night, and woke up about 1:30 pm today. An hour off again, but also missing the entire chunk from 2am-noon. As a result of this, my clear airway events last night were through the roof, and it doesn't make much sense to me. Most of my nights looks like the 30th or 29th, but last night was weird. Thanks for any help you all can give!  Coffee

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Cpap Oscar Data
Hi MrBlutine! - Welcome
A Resmed day is from noon to noon. If you went to bed at 02:43:08 and woke up at 14:51:10, then approximately two hours, 51 minutes, and 10 seconds will be on the next day's reporting period. The system will have a slight gap in the recorded data during a day change.

Concerning the reported time. Have you set the CPAP's time and date correctly?

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar Data Looks Fine, But Still Very Sleepy dvschwab 3 152 44 minutes ago
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  SleepHQ data for someone struggling with CPAP therhile 29 799 7 hours ago
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Help analyzing OSCAR data - CA's? alemon 26 1,014 7 hours ago
Last Post: alemon
  [Pressure] Help me understand Oscar report and optimize CPAP therapy Oliverwoods 1 70 9 hours ago
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Just discovered OSCAR, how does my data look? mtdang 8 362 Yesterday, 09:30 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [CPAP] OSCAR Data richardb123 1 84 09-06-2024, 11:10 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  New to CPAP and OSCAR BSA25 3 110 09-06-2024, 03:44 PM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.