Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Travel CPAP Concerns
Travel CPAP Concerns
I use a Luna G3 at home. Have two overnight flights next month. My insurance won't cover a travel machine, so I've looked at renting. I'm flying main cabin on a 777-200. Our seats have power outlets. Is renting a travel CPAP a good option? I can't imagine having enough room to set up my Luna G3. Wish I could find someone who bought a travel CPAP for a few trips and wants to sell it now.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Travel CPAP Concerns
For a few nights here and there sleeping without your CPAP is fine. When I was flying 200K miles a year mostly overnight international, I never used my CPAP on a flight. I did not sleep particularly well, but I also did not have to mess around with the accoutrements of CPAP on a plane.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to Apnea Board,

You could rent a travel CPAP if this is what you feel you need. I've never used one, as none meet my high needs.

One thing to note, no CPAP sales can be permitted on Apnea Board due to prescription requirements.

There are sites that sell inexpensive used devices as well as rent in some cases.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If all you need it for is the plane, then don't bother renting. Tell your seatmate to be the elbow alarm should you snore. Take your CPAP with you to use in the hotel or wherever. Take it aboard the plane as carryon, not cargo.

I once looked into renting and decided it wasn't worth it. I've rented other medical devices while traveling (wheelchair, crutches) and they never got the information correct. I would not take the chance on a CPAP.

If I were to take a plane long distance where staying awake is not a good idea, I would use my own machine. Can the Luna be used without the humidifier attached? It doesn't seem that big. Just put down the tray table and plop it on there.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] I need help setting up my new travel CPAP 47chrisrodz 1 198 08-29-2024, 11:10 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Anyone travel with backup equipment? SkySleep 5 342 07-13-2024, 01:26 AM
Last Post: Rickyricardo
  DS Go & travel to Germany cate1898 2 326 06-28-2024, 07:29 AM
Last Post: cate1898
  Help with travel CPAP Mitchell 5 356 06-21-2024, 03:29 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Discreet, aesthetically pleasing travel bag spambox925 8 691 06-01-2024, 01:58 PM
Last Post: cps22
  Is there a quiet travel CPAP? mcman56 3 704 05-31-2024, 08:07 AM
Last Post: mcman56
  CSR Concerns MadFox 10 564 05-30-2024, 02:07 PM
Last Post: MadFox

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.