Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] (I'm Tired) Please help interpret my Oscar data
(I'm Tired) Please help interpret my Oscar data
Long-time APAP user, up until recently using default settings of the Air Sense 10. APAP initially seems to have helped, but especially in the last year not so much. I'm used to the mask, it really never bothered me. I have difficuly falling asleep, tossing, turning, and often getting out of bed to walk around the house (which you can see in the data about 1am where I turn off the machine). Eventually, I tend to fall asleep after that but often wake-up alert then quickly tire. I haven't felt rested in a long time. On 7/29, you can see where I tried going back to bed though I didn't fall back to sleep.

Sleep therapist said data looks good; its an APAP so nothing to adjust but buy a new mask.  A few weeks ago I tried adjusted min pressure to 5 & EPR to 1 / Ramp. That seemed to help the first night, but not since. For tonight, I may bump up the pressure and set EPR back to full 3. I'm not really sure what to make of the EPR setting.

Mask leaks are common. Typically I will tighten the mask when it wakes me up. I was using a P30i, but my nose was temporarly bothering me so I recently switched to a N30i. I may switch back to the P30i. P30i leaked some also, so I don't think the mask really matters in this case.

I do tend to get swollen sinuses at night. I do use a humidifer. Sometimes afrin, breath rights.

Thank you in advance for helping me be less grumpy during the day!

(editing... check back in a min)
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: (I'm Tired) Please help interpret my Oscar data
Here are the screenshots. The editing mode timed-out before i could get these to post in the prev post.

Post Reply Post Reply
You have flow limits causing the pressures to go up. We control flow limits with EPR. right now V you have EPR set to 1. I would make 2 changes that should help you sleep better.

Min 7
EPR full time
EPR 3
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the previous recommendation. I do believe those settings have helps. Attached is the latest screenshot. I am guessing the min pressure should be bumped up to at least 8, but I would appreciate any additional suggestions.  During this period, I switched from an N30 to a P30 mask due to concerns about air leaking though I would like to switch back to the N30.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I agree that moving your minimum pressure to 8 would be good.

If you are referring to the ResMed Airfit N30i and the P30i, I used those in the past and found that the P30i did leak less.  It also felt more secure, as the N30i tended to slide around and made my septum sore.  The trick with the pillows mask is to get the right size pillows  My nostrils are not large, but I found the size large pillows more comfortable and secure.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 year on CPAP, still tired all the time joelin02 3 286 Yesterday, 12:26 AM
Last Post: joelin02
  Oscar Data Looks Fine, But Still Very Sleepy dvschwab 3 201 09-07-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Help analyzing OSCAR data - CA's? alemon 26 1,043 09-07-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: alemon
  Just discovered OSCAR, how does my data look? mtdang 8 380 09-07-2024, 09:30 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [CPAP] OSCAR Data richardb123 1 93 09-06-2024, 11:10 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Night 1 OSCAR Data Interpretation Stuartt 10 200 09-06-2024, 02:41 PM
Last Post: Stuartt
  23 yr old W/ Good AHI - Still tired and foggy daytong 7 247 09-05-2024, 09:05 PM
Last Post: daytong

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.