Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

secunix Therapy Thread
secunix Therapy Thread
Hi everybody!

I need some help, some advice to improve my setup.

I have been diagnosed with mediocre sleep apnea - AHI 23.4 and ODI 33.3 a year ago. Since then I have a Resmed AirSense 11. Success seems okeyish, but not great.

Initial prescription was 12.0cm H2O fixed CPAP + initial setup was EPR set to 3cm. In the document from the doctor EPR has not been mentioned, but it was setup this way.

Over this year I tried to read many papers and the forums, tried to understand and read the data via OSCAR, tried many experiments.

I still have many obstructive events. I tried higher pressure, I tried lower EPR, nothing seems to work out.

Lower EPR means much higher flow limitation, EPR set to 0 I awake multiple times a night. So EPR set to 3 is the most comfortable way for me.

I have attached two different nights with different settings, one is APAP 11-20 and one is 15-20.

Every day I wake up with a feeling "ok, lets sleep another some hours...". Pretty bad feeling.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: secunix Therapy Thread
Hi!

Here is another shot. Do you have any suggestions? Ideas?

Post Reply Post Reply
Many doctors believe EPR is purely a comfort feature, which isn't true, but which is likely the case for why your doctor didn't comment on it.

How high of pressures have you tried? Have you trialed bilevel? Your leak profile could be improved.
Post Reply Post Reply
You seem to have better results with the 15-20 pressure setting.  Do you feel better with this setting?  How you feel is a very important part of your treatment.  As to your leaks, yours are pretty low.  I would not worry about them.

It would be helpful if you could change your Oscar settings so that we can see, in this order, Event Flags, Flow Rate, Pressure, Leak Rate, and Flow Limits.  Also, it would be good if you could remove the calendar and the pie chart.  That way we could see much more that we need to see below.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fantasieimpromptu - Therapy Thread Fantasieimpromptu 10 111 3 hours ago
Last Post: Fantasieimpromptu
  Angela's Therapy Thread mawaw1992 1 63 Yesterday, 10:22 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [CPAP] xirokx - Therapy Thread xirokx 112 2,838 Yesterday, 09:36 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  sleepyveem's therapy thread sleepyveem 11 618 09-17-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: sleepyveem
  Zeno's therapy thread Zeno 10 319 09-16-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: Zeno
  Brigabart's Therapy Thread Brigabart 10 274 09-15-2024, 10:00 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  [CPAP] eok361 - Therapy Thread eok361 100 6,119 09-13-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.