Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Just started
RE: Just started
Was surprised to find leaks were still an issue last night after I had such a great night, despite being aware of leaks once or twice through the night. However even with the leaks this was my best night in terms of AHI and also time spent in apnea at less than a minute and a half.  Obviously will keep working on the leaks as this f30i mask is way more comfortable than the f20. One more sleep at home before the hospital stay when the scientists take control of the settings.

The generic info from hospital says results in 4 weeks at follow up appointment but for a titration they’ll at least have it set to appropriate levels even if I don’t have a full report immediately yeah?

Post Reply Post Reply
On the off chance that your hose has a hairline crack, you might try running your hand down it while you are using it, This happened to me. I noticed my CPAP sounded a little louder and when I went to turn it off, by accident, my hand touched the hose connector on the machine's back. To my surprise, I was feeling an air stream. It turned out to be a hairline crack where the hose enters the connector sleeve.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I suppose you could also test the hose by disconnecting from the mask and CPAP, holding a cupped hand over one end and blowing through the other. If you do this right the only place air moves is through a leaking hose.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Given it’s a new (literally 12 days old) heated hose I doubt that the hose is the issue. More like ask seal as I move around. I have read that the f30i can be finicky to get right and last night was wayyyyy better than the night before both in terms of leak and AHI.

Re funding etc….the hospital sleep study is covered but the actual devise and equipment isn’t so I’m hoping they don’t say I need bipap as I can’t see how I’d make that work financially they are way more expensive than the apap
Post Reply Post Reply
Home from the hospital. Had similar leak issues last night, she tried swapping my mask with a similar but slightly different shaped one but still leaked. She was adamant I try a nasal one despite my concerns about mouth breathing and thus snoring. And in the end recommended I swap to a nasal one, says I didn’t snore and with no leaks the pressure required to keep my oxygen levels up was less…so pressure set to 12 with a 15min ramp and will swap to the n20. She did say I could try a nasal pillow if I wanted. Have an appointment on Tuesday to review mask but will try to get in today. Am a little tired as sleep was a bit disrupted with the leaks and mask swapping but glad to know it’s working.
Post Reply Post Reply
As long as they are willing to swap mask at no cost, do try out several different makes/models/styles. Make sure to get the "Fit Pack" it will have three different sizes normally. Sometimes the measured fit, is not the mask  that provides the best performance.

Keep us informed of your progress, reports and post OSCAR Reports.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Swapped my mask to a Phillips dreamwear nasal cushion wow! Comfortable, no snoring. Won’t have a chance to look at Oscar til tomorrow but myAir says leaks down to 2.4L/min (once the hose got caught as I rolled over and pulled mask off so I suspect that was the issue). AHI down to 1.6. 9hrs of almost uninterrupted sleep. Will check Oscar and post tomorrow but looks good.
Had to adjust the ramp as she set it to start at 4 and take 15 min and I was gulping for air. Started it at 7 for 5 min was much better.

Also how do update equipment in that side panel? Can’t seem to find it?
Post Reply Post Reply
The area in aware of is highlighted in the attached image. It's called User Control Panel. From there on the left side is Edit Profile.

This is based on your access being on a computer. Mobile access has a different layout/look.

Bottom of the Board page, near center in the grey stripe.

User control panel, center left menu, look for highlighted and click in.

From there, edit the info
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is a quick link and the path:
UserCP > Menu > Your Profile > Edit Profile

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. Found it….on mobile had to turn it sideways and then it was there. Should have thought of that!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Diagnosis] Helping Father in Law Get Started on xPAP R and R 30 1,104 08-28-2024, 03:51 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Getting Started and Struggling with Leaks and High AHI jkeben 1 189 08-12-2024, 10:57 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  New CPAP User just started last night briansk12 8 316 07-12-2024, 09:14 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [CPAP] Recently Diagnosed, Just started treatment, looking for advice. ProlificProkaryote 15 780 06-24-2024, 02:01 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [CPAP] Started CPAP 5 days ago, have burning pain in thigh Flibbertigibbet 9 492 06-05-2024, 09:10 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Getting started with CPAP - what I learned from my first 6 months SleepySleeper 1 327 05-30-2024, 02:12 AM
Last Post: SleepyDawg
  Just getting started, looking for an OSCAR data review mattcole3 3 338 04-12-2024, 12:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.