Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] NEW USER! OSCAR HELP!
RE: NEW USER! OSCAR HELP!
Good Morning G. Szabo, 

Unfortunately, I was unable to download my Oscar data from last night before I left the house this morning. I will post my updated chart this evening or hopefully sooner. 

I did the nasal rinse last night and felt much less congested during my sleep so I am excited for you to look at the data, but my AHI was higher than normal at 2.6 events an hour. 

I do feel like I sleep better last night even though I had a higher AHI. 

Again, thank you for all your help! I will post my data as soon as I have it.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am happy that you are a bit better. 

I also recommend the Turbine nose expanding insert from Rhinomed to combat congestion. You can order the starter kit in different sizes. It is more efficient than the external nasal strips/tapes. I have used a piece for about two months instead of the suggested ten days. It is still okay. Of course, you want to sterilize it properly and rinse it with boiled water.  

It is better to compare the several-day averages of AHIs because their value changes daily.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good Afternoon,

Thank you so much for the continued help! I have ordered the starter pack and am excited to try it out. It seems like a very cool tool.

I will look at my weekly AHI to get a better indication of my actual numbers.

I will post my Oscar data from last night this evening! My Hyalogic nasal spray arrived, so I'll try it tonight and post the data tomorrow to see if you would recommended any additional tweaks.

Thanks again!
Post Reply Post Reply
Good Evening! 

Here is my Oscar data from last night, 10/08/24 for review.

Here are the adjustments I made:

-Raised my minimum pressure to 7.8.
-Nasal rinsed prior to bed and used Xlear
-Mouth taped for the 2nd night in a row. 
-Also, I did have a rainout event last night that woke me up I believe around 4 AM, but prior to that everything felt pretty good. 

Please let me know if you would make any additional adjustments. 

Tonight: I will do the same as last night, but use hyalogic spray tonight instead of xlear!

I can't express the gratitude that I have towards this community! 

I will post my Oscar data from tonight, tomorrow morning and see if any anyone would recommended any final tweaks and probably roll with it for a little while.  

Thank you!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
You had a good flow limit, AHI figures, and a smooth pressure ride. 
I suggest tuning back the EPR=2 until your CAs gradually diminish. 
Hopefully, you can resolve the large leaks, too.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sounds good! I will make that adjustment tonight and hopefully I can get rid of the large leaks. 

I will post my new data in the morning! 

Have a good evening! Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
Good Morning G. Szabo, 

Here is my Oscar data from last night, 10/09/24.

I lowered my EPR to 2 and kept everything else the same and also used the Hyalogic before bed. 

I was so tired last night that I forgot to use mouth tape and woke up at 1:45 AM and put some on, but it was in the middle of the night so it wasn't done very well.

I feel like I didn't sleep as well last night and maybe that is because of not mouth taping. And it def seems like my leaks were higher than normal before and after the tape.

I tried to assess how I felt this morning before I looked at any data and overall I felt little more tired today, but felt my congestion was good through the night and felt pretty good today.

I had no rainout event so that is always a positive because that seems to wake me early in the morning. Like you said, the higher humidity feels much better on my sinuses. 

When you have a moment, please review my data from last night and let me know if you have any additional suggestions.

I will probably post one more chart tomorrow so we have three days of data with sinus rinsing, Hyalogic spray use, higher minimum pressure , mouth tapping. 
And I also will have the Rhinomed nasal dilator to my house today so I will use that tonight. 

Also, I really am determined to make this mask work (P10 pillows), but hoping to get the leaks lower and more consistent. Should I tighten the mask more?

Again, I really appreciate the help!

Post Reply Post Reply
You have excellent figures, so I suggest staying on the current settings.
A tight mask is not necessarily better. You might want to try some different ones. For instance, I have good experience with the "Dreamwear under the nose" mask, which has its connection on the top of your head, which makes lass leaks for slide-sleepers.
The P10 also has an unheated hose part where the rainout occurs.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sounds good! I will give a new mask a try and post the data once I have tried it for a few nights! I am a side sleeper so I will give the Dreamwear under the nose mask a try. I like the idea of having the hose connection on the top!

Again, thank for your continued help! Have a great weekend ahead!
Post Reply Post Reply
Good Evening G. Szabo, 

I received the Philips DreamWear nasal mask and gave it a try last night.

It is very comfortable, but I woke up feeling a little tired today. 

I was hoping you could look at my Oscar data from last night (third attachment) - Dreamwear mask. 

Also, I have attached my data from 10/12 & 10/13 (P10 Mask). I felt pretty great after these nights (first two attachments).

Could please let me know how last night compares to results I had from 10/12 & 10/13. 

I really like the DreamWear mask and hoping to use this one long term. I was able to turn the humidity up without any rainout event!

Thanks in advance!

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another low (really low) AHI but tired - first time OSCAR user xtracheese 4 297 09-25-2024, 10:41 PM
Last Post: xtracheese
  New CPAP user, looking for help understanding OSCAR Ksquared716 3 284 09-19-2024, 07:29 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Interpreting OSCAR data (relatively new CPAP user) bolivar98 14 852 09-02-2024, 04:44 AM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  New CPAP/APAP user looking for advice and OSCAR data interpretation sanchez 4 392 07-29-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  New CPAP user first OSCAR data results Jhlopez 1 236 07-25-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: Old Steve
  [CPAP] OSCAR Data Review for New User goodfella7763 4 583 07-25-2024, 01:21 PM
Last Post: Pogo007
  new user 2weeks in oscar data bg1987 11 632 06-29-2024, 03:21 PM
Last Post: bg1987

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.