Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Woke up due to not breathing
Woke up due to not breathing
Hello 

Been on cpap a few years now.  Woke up for the first time due to not breathing. I hadn't really had this problem before. 
The difference was my throat was very sticky feeling. I didn't use water which is normal unfortunately. 

My question is, can a sticky,  dry mouth make it so the air doesn't get through occasionally?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Woke up due to not breathing
A dry mouth indicates you are mouth breathing. Waking with a dry your mouth can be an awful feeling. I can see where you may feel like you're not breathing or getting enough air.

It's best to do what you can to avoid that. It's not good for your gums or teeth health either.

Use your humidifier, but mostly you will have to find a way to avoid mouth breathing.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Update:

The tracker says my Average was only 2 last night (Normal range for me). The worst thing is that it sparked my Anxiety a good amount so I have anxiety breathing going on now :3
Post Reply Post Reply
I assume you're talking AHI?

What machine are you using? Can you download OSCAR?
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Odd breathing patterns katbrat 9 110 1 hour ago
Last Post: katbrat
  Resmed 10 vauto can hear breathing Officialdee 6 90 4 hours ago
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Alternative Therapy to CPAP (Nasal Breathing) Wcwilson 12 960 08-28-2024, 07:49 AM
Last Post: SeePak
Question Under 1 AHI (great!) but what’s with the constant spikes on my breathing chart graph? JustG 5 230 08-25-2024, 02:47 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Considering full face mask until I can fix my nasal breathing Ptee8899 11 565 08-25-2024, 08:13 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  Considering turbinate reduction for better nasal breathing sleepingbetterinFl 19 534 08-21-2024, 05:31 PM
Last Post: LuminousOne
  Rhythmic Breathing - any adjustments? mark.apnea 8 283 08-18-2024, 07:40 PM
Last Post: mark.apnea

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.