Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How to prevent condensation in the tubing?
How to prevent condensation in the tubing?
I just recently got my first CPAP, and one thing I've been struggling with is getting the humidity settings correct.  If I turn my climate/humidity settings to Auto, I wake up with a dry nose.  The setting that's most comfortable is humidity 7 / tube temp 86F (max temp), but this leaves the tubing covered with tiny water droplets on the inside.  I've been running the machine with the humidifier turned off for a few minutes after waking up to dry the tube out, but I was wondering if there's any way to prevent the condensation in the first place?  I have the hose taped to my headboard so it hangs down to my bed, so could that be part of the issue?  Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How to prevent condensation in the tubing?
Are you using a fleece cover over your tubing?  This helps with condensation.  

They're not too expensive.  Search on Amazon for Cpap hose covers.  

The hose should be routed upward from the Cpap and then down to you.  It sounds like you're doing it correctly.  

Welcome
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Are there any brands in particular that work well with heated hosing?  I looked up a fleece one on Amazon and they mention 'not recommended for heated hoses'.  Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
We see that statement a lot. But many here, including myself use these covers with our heated hoses. I've never had any issues with this.

The hose never really gets hot. This is nothing to worry over.

I've used fleece covers with good results. The last one I bought was a ResMed brand (not fleece) kind of a silky material with a zipper. The zipper makes it easier to get on and off.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I also use a fleece cover with a heated hose. No problems.
Post Reply Post Reply
@TiredTom111,

Ditto, fleece on a heated tube no problems. Were pretty humid here so I don't use the humidifier but do crank that tube temp up.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mold issue / cleaning CPAP (the unit, not tubing), Resmed S9 NightOwl42 11 1,644 09-13-2024, 01:44 PM
Last Post: NightOwl42
  [Equipment] ResMed heated humidifier tubing doesn't stay warm Dr.Bob 10 1,955 08-25-2024, 09:52 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] Air Fit F20 Face Mask - Condensation Issue from Breath xirokx 21 534 08-25-2024, 08:50 AM
Last Post: xirokx
  CPAP Mask Size Issue: Will Switching to a Large Prevent My Morning Headaches? sinanacar 4 289 08-10-2024, 12:49 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Airfit P10 nasal pillow+tube > Resmed S11 heated tubing, which adapter? NightOwl42 8 464 07-25-2024, 01:15 PM
Last Post: NightOwl42
  ClimateLine Heated Tubing Not Heating Avign0n323 2 300 06-19-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Thumbsup Simple solution to prevent unconscious mask takeoff during night G. Szabo 5 344 06-04-2024, 11:53 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.