Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

how does p10 compare with p30i
how does p10 compare with p30i
I have a p10 for her pillow mask and the size is perfect for me but I've had lots of problems with the vent even though I clean it almost every day. I finally poked a few tiny holes in the vent with a pin which helped alot. My DME also has p30i so I'm thinking of trying that but if the size isn't similar to p10 for her it probably wouldn't work. p10 is ok now with my modification but when I do need a new one I hate to start doing something that could ruin it if I'm not careful.  Just wondering how the size compares for anyone who has tried both.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: how does p10 compare with p30i
The reason you have a problem with the vent on your P10 is because you clean it everyday. I have never cleaned my mask frame and tubing between replacement and never had a problem or anything gross. I do clean the cushions. If you want to up the game and clean weekly or so, fine, but if you are experiencing poor venting performance, it's because you do it all the time. If you don't have at least two masks and can rotate them to prevent moisture from plugging the vents, then just back-off a bit.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Cleaning is a topic that comes up often. I am cheap and lazy, so take this with a grain of salt.

I wipe down the P10 pillows daily with baby wipes. I clean the P10 frame, heated hose, and water tank, MAYBE 2-3 times a year if I notice anything that needs cleaning, by soaking them in a warm tub of water with a bit of Dawn or other gentle dish soap.

Regarding replacing things, I am still on my original P10 frame, water tank, and heated hose, so they are about 4 years old. I replace the pillows when needed, maybe twice a year. I replace the P10 headgear as needed, basically whenever I notice it is stretching out, maybe twice a year. Same for air filters, though we do use very high quality air filters on the home HVAC due to allergies so a lot of air particulates are filtered out there.

Some prefer more cleaning and replacements, but how often is a personal choice.

I don’t understand the science behind how the fluid dynamics behind CPAP work, so would not consider poking holes in things as it could have a negative impact on therapy. Others are more brave, so your mileage may vary…
Post Reply Post Reply
That's good to know. I thought the vent would clog if it wasn't cleaned every day.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's a known drawback of the fine mesh diffuser on the P10 that it holds moisture and restricts flow. They have modified the design and the current P10 flows more air than older models. There was a time the exhaust flow was nearly imperceptible. There is a 2019 thread that alleges the P10 vents are prone to clogging with moisture and can actually cause respired air not to be vented. I don't agree with a lot of this, but the evidence by "mdmarmd" is pretty compelling. https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread...0+problems
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had come across that thread before about the dust and moisture clogging p10 and that's why I thought I needed to clean frequently to remove dust. I wasn't feeling short of breath like that poster but the mask felt like I was trying to sleep with a thick cloth covid mask on and that feeling prevented me from sleeping. It was usually ok at the beginning of the night but after a few hours maybe condensation built up and I had to take the p10 off.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have used the P10 since it was first released and switched from a Swift FX. I liked the diffused vent and never had a problem, but I have always had heated tubing and a tube cover, and never really had much of a problem with condensation. I really don't like the noisy, disruptive stream of air from a mask without the diffuser, so it works for me. Everyone has to find their own "best".
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cleaning advice needed for Resmed p30i AshSF 2 147 08-28-2024, 07:06 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  [Equipment] Cleaning ResMed AirFit P30i/N30i exhaust port asterisk 1 227 08-05-2024, 08:30 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
Question Changing n30i for p30i mickapoo 6 310 07-31-2024, 12:40 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Brick Nasal Irritation Using Resmed P30i Mask rishey 2 409 06-24-2024, 12:15 PM
Last Post: rishey
  Headgear for P30i and Dreamwear Cloudboy 1 296 06-07-2024, 07:36 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Resmed N30i/P30i mask frame sleeve ctgagnon 2 379 05-16-2024, 04:40 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  EERS using Resmed AirFit P30i Mask GrantT 8 1,709 05-02-2024, 09:21 PM
Last Post: Sleepy Quixote

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.