Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Cleaning ResMed AirFit P30i/N30i exhaust port
Cleaning ResMed AirFit P30i/N30i exhaust port
Hi all,

I'm in week six of my experience with CPAP therapy. Thankfully, I've settled in fine with my first mask, an AirFit P30i, but I'm still trying to figure out my cleaning routine. The headgear has cleaned up well with just some Dawn dish soap and warm water once a week. I've been popping out the pillow from the headgear and cleaning it about every one to two days, again under warm water with dish soap. Now to the point of the post: I'm not sure how to approach the exhaust port.

It's the hard plastic oval piece with holes which has a small section of what appears to be something similar to poly batting that you would find in a fabric store for a pillow or quilt. (I believe this is the same on the N30i as well.) The batting, I assume, quiets down the air as it passes through the exhaust port. I've noticed if there's any residual condensation in the mask when I wake up, it will run down to the exhaust port as I take it off, likely all ending up in this muffler material. There's no way to wring out any moisture manually, the piece seems to be molded into the middle of the plastic frame, and it doesn't seem to snap open.

At any rate, what's the best way to make sure this is cleaned? Put a few drops of vinegar or soap, let it sit then rinse?

Or is this a matter of overthinking it? Given its lifespan might be more in the "replace" rather than "maintain" time frame, I'm still not super clear how long these things last.

Thanks for any helpful direction! I tried a few searches but didn't turn up anything.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Cleaning ResMed AirFit P30i/N30i exhaust port
I have been using a few of them. 
Put a few drops of unscented hand washing (not dishwasher) liquid into 4% vinegar and soak it for a few hours. Then, soak it in water (replaced several times) for a day or two. 
I also suggest splitting the soft mesh in the middle, so it becomes thinner. You can remove it with a small hook and carefully tear it into two pieces (apparently, two laters were moulded together). It is easier to clean a thinner mesh.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cleaning advice needed for Resmed p30i AshSF 2 149 08-28-2024, 07:06 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  P10 Nasal Pillows to F40 Airfit Full Face Mask Settings? stevesleep 3 216 08-23-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 25 6,989 08-20-2024, 12:33 PM
Last Post: ejbpesca
  Holiday/Vacation Usage Importance & Cleaning...... beetee 12 553 08-12-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: beetee
  Slight Mouth Leaks With Nasal Pillows Airfit P10 - Change Mask? stevesleep 6 408 08-08-2024, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question Changing n30i for p30i mickapoo 6 310 07-31-2024, 12:40 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Need new mask - AirFit P10 AfibApnea 20 807 07-30-2024, 05:23 PM
Last Post: AfibApnea

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.