Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Air mini exhale is aggressive
Question 
Air mini exhale is aggressive
Had the AirMini a few years now. No problems. Last night the exhale was blowing onto my face so much I could not sleep. 
There is a connector which houses a humidifier and the air was emitted from this. Lots of reconnecting gave modest improvement. 
Is there a connection trick I need to know?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Air mini exhale is aggressive
Have you ever changed the HumidX moisture exchange cartridge?  The cartridges are only rated at 30 days for replacement.

Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Air mini exhale is aggressive
Hi Sleeprider

Thanks for the question.  I do not have Humudex inserted. The compartment is empty.

The AirMini has always worked previously without a Humudifier. Do you think inserting one might improve matters?

Best Wishes

Alan
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Air mini exhale is aggressive SOLVED
Dear All

The problem I experienced appears to be the connection between the air pipe and mask connector. This was becoming loose and allowing lots of air to be expelled in unpleasant directions.

The temporary fix I applied last night was to twist the pipe into the connector until it was hand tight and would go no further.  When I get back from holiday I will purchase a replacement.

Many thanks to Sleeprider for the suggestion Thanks

Regards

Alan
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [CPAP] Mouth Farts and Exhale Block KsKisser 2 165 09-12-2024, 08:11 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Oxygen and ResMed Mini dkrakel 4 264 08-16-2024, 01:25 PM
Last Post: dkrakel
  Trial or rental or return allowed of Resmed Mini or Transcend Micro? grnblu 5 486 08-12-2024, 06:31 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Setting Pressure While Difficult to Exhale atgg11 11 707 07-22-2024, 11:46 AM
Last Post: atgg11
  Resmed Airsense 10 - Whale Noises inhale/exhale onedollar 9 762 06-24-2024, 12:47 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  What is this breathing pattern? Regular inhale, almost flat exhale cqrmskaprd 10 524 06-22-2024, 10:40 PM
Last Post: cqrmskaprd
  Myair and air mini app Samelia 2 1,745 06-22-2024, 05:11 PM
Last Post: LongBeachTrijet

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.