Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] eok361 - Therapy Thread
RE: cheyne stokes in oscar update
Steve. That IS the way that ResMed reports ALL Periodic Breathing as CSR. In only an extremely small number of users is this actually CSR, which is a very serious condition. Nearly all of those have a serious heart condition that they are well aware of. This causes far more confusion with users than you believe.

BTW CSR is a form of periodic breathing. It is impossible to have CSR and not have periodic breathing.
Post Reply Post Reply
My version is not that high. Juaking if anyonw hA
Post Reply Post Reply
My latest post was not what I posted. I did not delete it. I will need to stop parcipitating on this group if it continues to happen.
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree you mostly, but there are reasons for both perodic breatihng or cheynes-stokes respiration. Both have the same outcome. If not,understand the differances. Not the causeses but the results.
Post Reply Post Reply
wow. this thread took a left turn. lol

anyway, it was definitely due to the update. these are two screenshots from the same night, taken a week or so apart. 

the original (captured on the morning after the data was recorded) doesn't have the csr line. the first was taken with v 1.4. the second with v 1.5.1

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
If there is any CSR data flagged *in any of the imported data*, not just the current night, then that item will stick in the list as a badge of honour.

Post Reply Post Reply
i just started with this machine a few weeks ago. nothing here. but i'll check data from my last machines as well.

thanks.

edit: the other two machines i have data from don't even have csr in the overview, throughout their history. the only data that has it comes from this one sd card i am currently using. 

it's weird. i can disable it as a marker in the preferences. i'll just do that. this appears to be a false marker.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Based on your last post, this is just a thought.  Did the SD card that you used come with the CPAP, or did you supply it?  If this CPAP has been used by someone else and the card wasn't erased, then it could contain residual data

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry about that "left turn". It will) not happen again.

That is unexpected behavior and we, the OSCAR team which includes Red, needs to understand what caused it.

By intent, lines, such as CSR, should on only appear if such an event occured. If it never occured then it shouldn't be there.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-04-2023, 08:52 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Based on your last post, this is just a thought.  Did the SD card that you used come with the CPAP, or did you supply it?  If this CPAP has been used by someone else and the card wasn't erased, then it could contain residual data

- Red

i supplied the card, but had reformatted it before any of the new data was written to it. i had never seen the preferences menu before yesterday. i'm thinking that during the update, csr was added to the viewable menu. there are no events flagged as csr on this card, or any of my other data i have imported into oscar (different machines, different cards).

i'll just leave it enabled, just to be sure they don't occur.

thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fantasieimpromptu - Therapy Thread Fantasieimpromptu 10 126 6 hours ago
Last Post: Fantasieimpromptu
  Angela's Therapy Thread mawaw1992 1 69 Yesterday, 10:22 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [CPAP] xirokx - Therapy Thread xirokx 112 2,846 Yesterday, 09:36 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  sleepyveem's therapy thread sleepyveem 11 621 09-17-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: sleepyveem
  Zeno's therapy thread Zeno 10 320 09-16-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: Zeno
  Brigabart's Therapy Thread Brigabart 10 276 09-15-2024, 10:00 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  [CPAP] PSG1 - Therapy Thread PSG1 19 2,934 09-12-2024, 08:25 AM
Last Post: PSG1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.