Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP pillow that works for forehead mount tube?
CPAP pillow that works for forehead mount tube?
Hi Folks,
  I'm sleeping great, but still doing way too much tube wrangling (with the resulting neck tension in the morning) so I was looking into CPAP pillows - but they all seem to show the kind of mask where the tube attaches at the chin, not the top of the head as mine does.  So I can't tell what would work.  Does anybody out there have one of these and can you tell me its brand / where you got it?

Many thanks,
Marylee
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP pillow that works for forehead mount tube?
You might like the ResMed AirFit P30i.  Before I switched to Bleep I used that.  I liked it better than the Dreamwear version which is similar to it.  I think that the starter pack contains all three sizes of the actual masks, so one should work for you.  Best of luck!
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
I think she's looking for a bed pillow rather than a nasal pillow. I too have a top-mount hose. I just ordered a pillow, brand is ikstar, arriving tomorrow and if I like it I'll let you know.
Post Reply Post Reply
My wife has a top-of-head hose (not sure of mask) and uses a regular pillow. But I made sure she watched several YouTube videos on how to fit it, etc. She says it has never gotten in her way. Perhaps it is a matter of proper adjustment?
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I recently bought two types of cervical pillows and both work very well for such a top breathing "whale" as me. The pillows are the Ocuuziisu Neck Support Pillow (has little fins on one side) and the Elviros Cevical Memory Foam Pillow (has side indents so my mask is not pressed against the pillow as I side sleep).  I use the Ocuuziisu pillow the most because the fins stop me from tucking my chin in although last night I it rotated around and slept very well.    The older I have become, the harder it seems to find a pillow that "works" for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think having a hose holder would be helpful too. Any favorites?
Post Reply Post Reply
I also use CPAP that has a forehead strap and am a side sleeper.
I tried our 3 and the EnduriMed was the keeper for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
Marylee, I thought you were talking about a pillows mask with the hose attachment on top of your head, but others think you were talking about a bed pillow.  Which is it?

In either case, have you found what you need?
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Leaks with Brevida pillow mask Ticman1 6 3,741 09-14-2024, 02:06 AM
Last Post: 40plus
  What works best? Chin strap or tape? JoshO71 7 283 08-30-2024, 10:44 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  Preventing positional apneas, flat pillow or not? Newcpaper 7 304 08-27-2024, 05:37 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  Changed Mask to Nasal Pillow - Big AHI Drop Dodies 11 643 08-13-2024, 11:46 AM
Last Post: Dodies
Wink Switched from Full Face Mask (mouth breather) to Nasal Pillow EntRESTo 1 330 08-07-2024, 10:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  My suggestion for help with nasal pillow irritation rebean 5 1,305 08-01-2024, 09:41 PM
Last Post: Rickyricardo
  mouth tape and nose pillow OR full face mask, pros and cons? SeePak 19 1,018 07-30-2024, 08:04 AM
Last Post: SeePak

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.