Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Camping with CPAP & oxygen???
Camping with CPAP & oxygen???
    Hi. Are there any campers out there who use a CPAP and have oxygen therapy during the night? I bought a ResMed Mini so I could spend some time in the outdoors as I did in my former life. Though the good users on this forum I was able to figure out how to put an oxygen bleed into the Mini and so I thought that would take care of things. BUT. When I talked to my oxygen folks that ran the numbers for me, at a 4l flow I would have to have about 40lbs of tanks...for one night. Sheeish. I would love to backpack again or bike pack but that looks to be out of the question. Now, I'd be happy to just camp in the back of my pickup with my popup. So far carrying a lot of tanks seems to be the only answer, unless of course I loaded up the 30lb oxygen concentrator I use at home and camped in a site with electricity. That seems impractical and potentially damaging to the concentrator on rough roads. So, I was wondering does anyone else camp or even backpack or go off grid with their CPAP and oxygen. If so, what solutions have you come up with? Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oxygen and ResMed Mini dkrakel 4 255 08-16-2024, 01:25 PM
Last Post: dkrakel
  Oxygen levels below 90% for 7% of night and below 94% for 34% inspite of Bipap bhavintu79 20 2,020 08-06-2024, 11:18 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Camping with DS2 pair - optimize, recharge? OneSnorer 3 195 08-01-2024, 01:41 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Should I be considering an oxygen concentrator? gainerfull 28 2,964 07-31-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  ASV with Oxygen Drops, leaks and aerophagia redking2436 2 225 07-21-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [CPAP] Regarding my oxygen saturation while sleep RaghavGakhar 7 306 07-13-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Diagnosis] Oxygen level chart Rodgui 3 323 05-31-2024, 09:40 PM
Last Post: Rodgui

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.