Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Can anyone give me a quick rundown on the ResMed 'For Her' settings?
Can anyone give me a quick rundown on the ResMed 'For Her' settings?
My mother has sleep apnea and uses a ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet.
I am the main driver and investigator for her treatment.

When we bought the machine, there was none of the actual 'For Her' models available, but the retailer assured us they could program the regular machine with these settings anyway.
I have since heard that 'For Her' is not a good idea anyway, but place that aside for now.

What I am trying to understand is
-Are the 'For Her' settings a group of individual settings that can be entered manually? Or are they a deeper level program that can only be implemented via ResScan?
-Are these settings held on the SD card? Or in the machine's internal memory? Under what circumstance would they be wiped and reset? How would you know if that had occurred?

Thanks guys. I am trying to build a mental map of this stuff and understand it so I can assist her effectively.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Can anyone give me a quick rundown on the ResMed 'For Her' settings?
There is a different algorithm for the " for her" settings. 8t is available in the For Her model, the AS. 11 AutoSet models and I think some later model A10 AutoSets.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Can anyone give me a quick rundown on the ResMed 'For Her' settings?
I have and happily use the ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset For Her. I found through experimentation that the
For Her settings did not work as well as the standard settings, so I switched to them. All is well now.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The squeaking sound is about to make me give up. (Video) UKFan643 5 291 10-08-2024, 11:45 AM
Last Post: mogulman
  pls take a quick look on this chart airwaystent 2 288 08-19-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  ResMed mask settings - what changes in each type? skypony 14 24,562 08-01-2024, 10:26 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Resmed ASV settings for mild sleep apnea and UARS? Gettingbetter33 9 1,162 07-31-2024, 09:12 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  ResMed Aircurve 10 VAuto - What Settings To Use? stevesleep 27 1,636 07-23-2024, 07:17 AM
Last Post: stevesleep
  Need quick recommendation for nasal pillow mask NewlyDiagnosed 5 428 06-29-2024, 05:50 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Can anyone with Airfit P10 Give input Alfons 8 602 05-14-2024, 08:06 AM
Last Post: AshSF

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.