Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed Air Touch F 40 early experiences
RE: Resmed Air Touch F 40 early experiences
Brokensleep57,   thank you for the reply.  I have noticed that the divider does block one nostril sometimes.  But it's tolerable if I push the mask up a little to get the "sweet Spot" for nasal breathing.   I feel  there are so many other advantages to the F 4o with its compactness, all silicone cushion, etc.  IT seals much better than the F 30.   Thanks for the response.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleepingbetter,

Yes! I noticed the same thing about pushing up on the mask.  After a couple weeks of using the F40, nasal breathing has gotten much better for me.   

I tried the F30, but the mask hurt the inside of my nostrils for some reason which is why I was hesitant to try the F40.  Only because my nose bridge was getting so sore and irritated did I decide to try the F40.  I'm glad I did as I don't have the nostril inflammation issue with the F40.

I was using the Resmed F20 FFM, so coming from that bulky thing the F40 feels like wearing practically nothing now.  Smile

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Brokensleep57,

Thank you so much for that reply.  You experience almost exactly mirrors mine.  I had the FFM F20 and after wearing the hybrid styles F30 for 5 months and now the F40, I could never go back to the F20.    I am getting used to the F40 and so far so good.  I noticed it sealed really well with minimal leaks the first 4 nights and the 5th night had major leak.  How has your seal/leaks been thus far?
Post Reply Post Reply
Same as the rest of you, I love the F40 aside from the nasal divider. I do still have problems with small leaks waking me up at the corner of the base of my nose, which is a bummer, and the silicone is somehow much more irritating than previous masks. padacheek released their F40 liner (https://www.padacheek.com/airfit-f40) last week, so I'm hoping that will help both problems.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleepingbetter,

Thanks. Wow, sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who had these issues.  My seal has been very good so far.  I think mostly under 10ml. I only had one or two major leaks a few times; however, the leaks lasted only a minute or so.  I figured it was from me moving at those times?

Have you washed your mask with Dawn? I think someone on the thread mentioned their seal was not as good after cleaning it which would be a downfall.  I use the CPAP wipes and so far so good. I will probably soak/wash my mask this week.  See what happens then.  I also wash my face before going to bed. I feel that helps the seal, but I don't know for sure.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Please recommend a facial mask that doesn't touch the bridge of the nose. Asjb 5 163 10-01-2024, 03:29 AM
Last Post: Asjb
  Early waking, unrefreshed sleep, UARS? WinnerFieldman 1 217 09-19-2024, 02:00 AM
Last Post: WinnerFieldman
Question HELP - Waking up too early for no reason or from dreams TheBinarySon 8 348 08-18-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  New User - Early Side Effects? Pressure Related? ShapeShifter2 14 766 08-08-2024, 09:49 PM
Last Post: ShapeShifter2
  More events + higher pressure in early morning waking me up? Looking for advice! JustG 1 226 07-26-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Thumbsdown Annoying air venting (not mask leak) from F20 air touch Little Olive 6 522 07-03-2024, 04:12 AM
Last Post: Little Olive
  My experiences with Fisher & Paykel ESON2 Nose Mask braindead 26 6,768 05-04-2024, 11:18 AM
Last Post: SergioB57

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.