Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

More events + higher pressure in early morning waking me up? Looking for advice!
More events + higher pressure in early morning waking me up? Looking for advice!
Hi all, 

I've been looking at my data on Oscar over the past 3 weeks, and while I have made some pressure changes to the original 5-20 setting prescribed by my doctor which maybe have helped, I have noticed a trend that hasn't changed much. 

That is that my events seem to increase a significant amount anywhere between 4-7 hours after I fall asleep. Most often than not, right around 5-6 hours, and it has become an issue as just I need more sleep. The pressure on my apap (airsense 11) seems to increase to try and help as the events tick up, but also seems to fail to stop the events, and I end up waking up, again, after only 5-6 hours of sleep, unable to get back to sleep as well. 

I have attached some screenshots. The first two of them are at pressure settings of 8-15, and the last one was at 9-14. Both with EPR at 2, full time. 

Any advice or information on why this might be happening would be extremely appreciated! 

Thanks in advance!

Edit: The 2 user flags I have at the bottom of the event flags tab are to show 80% and 50% obstructions that last for at least 5 seconds.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: More events + higher pressure in early morning waking me up? Looking for advice!
I do not see anything that stands out other than typical arousal breathing and SWJ.

Let’s try the following and see if it helps.

Mode APAP
Min pressure 10
Max pressure 12
EPR 3 full-time
no ramp

A bit higher starting pressure and a bit more EPR may make the difference. The pressure swings while you are coming out of deeper sleep may be causing the problem, these settings should help with that.

Let us know how it goes.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Clear Airway Events Only - New User Help pacc815 15 373 Yesterday, 11:13 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Diagnosis] Clear Airway, CSR events frolic 10 250 Yesterday, 08:35 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Treatment] Unflagged events, treatment ineffective slatejetpack 4 113 09-05-2024, 08:10 PM
Last Post: slatejetpack
  Large Leak/UA Events since titration RainyDog 8 134 09-05-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [Symptoms] Waking up 15min after falling asleep - new insights McPhearson99 17 2,225 09-02-2024, 08:42 AM
Last Post: McPhearson99
  Looking for advice for my settings Vyce 3 164 09-01-2024, 08:01 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Throat and windpipe full every morning. John Leslie 5 188 08-28-2024, 04:28 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.