Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Cant get it right! Please help
RE: Cant get it right! Please help
Your mask does not need to be tight.  This is a common mistake.  The mask should just sit lightly on your face.  When the air blows in the mask fills and it presses down just a little on your face, letting the air enter easily and not making the mask tight.  It sounds as though you are trying this. Good!  

If you want to start with 5 pressure, go ahead, but make the maximum 7 or 8, so it won't go too high for now.  If you are more comfortable with no heat going up your nose then leave the heat off.  I don't like cold air blowing up my nose but maybe you do.  As to humidity, most of us like and need the humidity, but do what feels good to you. These are both just choice and comfort things.  Do whichever feels best to you.  At this point, you need to do whatever helps you sleep.  We can work on other settings once you've slept long enough and well enough to feel decent.  Don't give up!  Smile
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=65506 Wrote:Deborah K. pid='518124' dateline='1718084095']Your mask does not need to be tight.  This is a common mistake.  The mask should just sit lightly on your face.  When the air blows in the mask fills and it presses down just a little on your face, letting the air enter easily and not making the mask tight.  It sounds as though you are trying this.  Good!  

If you want to start with 5 pressure, go ahead, but make the maximum 7 or 8, so it won't go too high for now.  If you are more comfortable with no heat going up your nose then leave the heat off.  I don't like cold air blowing up my nose but maybe you do.  As to humidity, most of us like and need the humidity, but do what feels good to you. These are both just choice and comfort things.  Do whichever feels best to you.  At this point, you need to do whatever helps you sleep.  We can work on other settings once you've slept long enough and well enough to feel decent.  Don't give up!  Smile

Here is my latest. The cold air felt uncomfortable at first but turned out OK. I ripped the mask of somewhere during the night but fortunately remembered to put it back on. How do I look?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
My opinion, now it's working on longer hours used, preferably as a long single session, but also longer overall usage. The rest of it didn't look badly.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Bit of a rough night again....
Post Reply Post Reply
It looks like you slept a bit longer.  That's great!  Try turning your beginning pressure up to 6 tonight and see how you do.  I would also turn the hose heat back on, maybe at a lower setting than you used when you did not like it.  The heat does not have to be all or nothing.  Good luck!  You'll get to a comfortable place soon.  Smile
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=65641 Wrote:Deborah K. pid='518446' dateline='1718292017']It looks like you slept a bit longer.  That's great!  Try turning your beginning pressure up to 6 tonight and see how you do.  I would also turn the hose heat back on, maybe at a lower setting than you used when you did not like it.  The heat does not have to be all or nothing.  Good luck!  You'll get to a comfortable place soon.  Smile

Bit of a set back. I went out and bought the new F&P Solo Pillow mask. I only slept a few hours with it before I ripped it off.

I will try and up to 6.0 tonight

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Every time you rip the mask off and don't put it back on, you reinforce in your mind that CPAP and masks are bad. Until you break your bad habit, you'll struggle to gain success.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-14-2024, 02:43 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Every time you rip the mask off and don't put it back on, you reinforce in your mind that CPAP and masks are bad. Until you break your bad habit, you'll struggle to gain success.

I don't  do this by choice as it happens during my sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Others have had to make it harder to take the mask off by adding some tape. It's not necessary to tape the mask on, but to specifically add to your awareness of the mask removal. This way you're notified, mask was attempted to be removed when you're pulling against the tape.

And a friendly suggestion, we are in your conversation thread, so quoting us isn't required. It actually clusters the conversation up.
Post Reply Post Reply
It sounds to me like you are not getting along with the pillows masks. Have you tried a nasal mask? Or even a full face mask? If you have insurance, your equipment provider will have a policy that allows you to try a variety of different masks until you find one that fits you well.

Notice the large variety of masks available. This is because it can be difficult to find a mask that fits you well. It's a trial-and-error process.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.