Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Cause of cluster?
Cause of cluster?
What is your opinion of what lead to this small cluster of apneas, chin tuck, periodic breathing, other? 
Regular breathing shown before and after.

Both images same cluster, did the 2 to show all the graphs. 

Thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Cause of cluster?
For future reference, please read the link in my signature “Formatting OSCAR charts”. We do not need the pie chart nor calendar.

It looks to me like tossing and turning. While we move about we tend to hold out breath, which frequently shows up as a CA.

Also, your pressure looks way too low. I am surprised you can breathe with EPAP set to 3.4. How did you end up with such settings?
Post Reply Post Reply
The cause of the apnea is unclear. Your respiration rate dropped but the breaths were deeper and slower, and increased overall minute vent and tidal volume, so this is a form of hyperventilation as compared to your normal respiration, and that may have resulted in a CO2 imbalance affecting respiratory drive. I don't see flow limitation or obstruction.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Probably we can't see any flow limitation because the machine is set to S mode. Estgad, please change to VPAPAuto mode. To emulate your current settings, make your min EPAP 3.4, your max IPAP 7.8, and your PS 4.4.

I see that in an earlier thread you were thinking of using a soft cervical collar. Did you try one?

In addition to reformatting, in future posts it'd be very helpful if you were to include a chart for the whole night when you are also posting zoomed-in snippets.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the replies, I will try to address all of them here.

@SleepRider,  
"this is a form of hyperventilation"   would knowing that I have CHF be a contributing factor to this?

@PeaceLoveAndPizza
"looks to me like tossing and turning."  This is possible. I primarily sleep on my side and use 2 pillows to try to keep me on my side.  They don't always succeed.

"Formatting OSCAR charts"  those are not from Oscar, they are from SleepyHead on am old laptop running XP.  Oscar would not install on that laptop.  (Really long story why I am using that laptop)
I did not see SH setting to remove the pie chart.

"Also, your pressure looks way too low. I am surprised you can breathe with EPAP set to 3.4. How did you end up with such settings?"
This is an even longer story!  Short answer this is the EPAP that I have done the best with over the past few months, much better than when it was near 4.
Last night I set a new person record for the longest single session with a mask on, 4hrs 55 mins!  

@Dormeo,
"you were thinking of using a soft cervical collar. Did you try one?"  Yes I did, and the neck pain was terrible for several days following that.
I am using a chin strap when I use the Brevida, when I use a full face the Flexifit 432 goes under my chin so I don't been the chin strap with it.
Both allow me to take the deep breaths when needed while keeping me from the slack jawed mouth breathing.

"in future posts it'd be very helpful if you were to include a chart for the whole night"  I will endeavor to do so.  The main reason I did not include the entire session screenshot is that this is the recurring pattern that right now I am having the most difficulty with.

"Estgad, please change to VPAPAuto mode."
In the past when I've had it on Vauto it would exceed the maximum IPAP and I have a problem with pressures higher than what I am currently using especially on the EPAP.  This would be another very long story to give you all the reasons on how I have arrived at my current settings, not just the s mode and pressures but also cycle trigger TImin and TImax.  I have even experimented with turning the easy breathe off and using rise time.  Currently I'm back to easy breathe on.

Thanks again.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CA (cluster?) events not reducing T818 89 9,276 08-16-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
Question Cluster of Centrals ? Dodies 4 276 08-16-2024, 07:46 AM
Last Post: Dodies
  Cluster Central apneas when falling asleep whiteoak 7 2,388 06-17-2024, 10:28 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Can you help me interpret this cluster of events? TiredTom111 1 602 08-12-2023, 09:00 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CA cluster? Loulou82 3 760 03-15-2023, 03:26 PM
Last Post: Loulou82
  How to eliminate a long OA cluster with CSR Roy289 3 705 01-28-2023, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Roy289
  Central Cluster wr61 5 935 03-13-2022, 01:38 PM
Last Post: wr61

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.