Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Curious about AlaxoStent for palatal prolapse
Curious about AlaxoStent for palatal prolapse
Hello! I've been reading about AlaxoStent on the forum and I'm wondering if you can get a prescription for it? If so, does Medicare cover it? I believe I have PP and am doing everything I can to prevent it. I sleep on my sides, never on my back, I use a cervical collar to keep my chin from falling forward which also solved my problem of having big clusters of apneas, I tape my mouth to keep the air from leaking out of it, I've used some pressure changes and it doesn't change anything in regard to PP, and I always try to position my head on the pillow in a way that stabilizes it for as long as possible during the night. That works for awhile but then inevitably it looks like the prolapse happens. I've worked at trying to solve it but there seems to be nothing more I can do. When first reading about AlaxoStent I wasn't inclined to even want to try it but I can't see sleeping like this for the rest of my life and I do not want any surgeries. So, I'm considering it. I started out in a sleep test with an AHI of 58.6 so I'm doing way better than that! But even though my AHI is usually pretty low I have a lot of unhealthy looking sleep. There is also a lot of what I suspect might be a partial prolapse. Would a full face mask make a difference? I haven't tried that. Here are some examples of what a lot of my sleep looks like a lot of the time every night:

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Curious about AlaxoStent for palatal prolapse
Indeed, you had a few PP periods during the night, providing that you are absolutely sure that your mouth was shut and you did not have mouth leaks.
I am unfamiliar with US health insurance, but it is not covered in Canada. There are a few threads on the site in which members from the US participated. You can try to send them a personal message so your request will not be missed.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Curious about AlaxoStent for palatal prolapse
Yes, I'm certain there were no mouth leaks. Taped shut. Doesn't leak.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Does this look like palatal prolapse? Unkikonki 21 339 8 hours ago
Last Post: Unkikonki
  Is this palatal prolapse? reason NOT to tape mouth? SeePak 4 100 Yesterday, 11:32 AM
Last Post: SeePak
Cool [Treatment] Palatal prolapse mitigated with positional therapy. G. Szabo 4 235 Yesterday, 07:33 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  SleepyCPAP’s Treatment Thread - Palatal Prolapse AlaxoStent SleepyCPAP 103 14,479 10-22-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: fudo
  Palatal Prolapse? Other advice welcome sleepyqueue 4 286 10-03-2024, 09:53 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  I'm using AlaxoStent with PAP therapy to fix Palatal Prolapse SleepyCPAP 20 3,540 07-20-2024, 03:26 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Palatal Prolapse and Velumount zaienk 20 2,238 04-03-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: 40plus

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.