Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DRY MOUTH WAKING ME
RE: DRY MOUTH WAKING ME
Thank you for that information. I should have specified that I use a full face mask though.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-02-2024, 02:10 PM)jdmedic Wrote: Thank you for that information. I should have specified that I use a full face mask though.

Update your profile to indicate that you are using a full face mask.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
This is getting worse. I have upped my pressure from 8.60 to 8.80 + upped my 02 from 2.5 tp 3.5/L. Seems to have helped based on my readings, however, I am still plagued with the dry mouth waking me in the wee hours of the morning. I can't tell if it's from my mouth dropping open or if it from the air pressure. No nasal mask leaks. One thing I am certain of is that these chinstraps force the jaw to retrude which only restricts airflow that much more - exactly the opposite of we're trying to accomplish. Even tried the Knightsbrige and it was so uncomfortable, I couldn't use it. Forget full face masks, never been able to tolerate. Wondering if I should find a neck brace instead.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had a very dry mouth problem until I started placing a xylitol mint between my gum and my cheek on each side.  They don't always last all night but if I wake up I place two more in my mouth and that keeps my mouth adequately moist until morning.  I buy mine in bulk from oralscience.com in Quebec.  Their xylitol gum is also helpful during the day.  Xylitol is a natural sweetener different from sugar and is not supposed to be usable by mouth bacteria and so should not promote tooth decay.  It is actually good for oral hygeine.
Post Reply Post Reply
So I have been trialing the recommended Coreflex cervical collar. While it is effective in keeping my jaw shut, it fails to prevent my lips from eventually flapping open from the CPAP pressure once my tongue relaxes. Then comes the dreaded dry mouth just as bad as without anything. Forget mouth tape or full face masks - they do not work in my case. I'm in a dilemma again. What else can I do now?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Waking up after 2 hours of CPAP radioboy104 7 6,502 Yesterday, 12:40 AM
Last Post: Texans2024
  Nasal Pillows - Momentary Mouth Leakage Strategies? mark.apnea 2 225 10-11-2024, 11:07 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Mouth Taping Dave77 4 245 10-06-2024, 09:18 AM
Last Post: Dave77
  Keep waking up spicerack 3 233 10-05-2024, 11:31 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  What was your experience fighting mouth leaks? PersonInNY 32 1,570 10-05-2024, 11:19 AM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  AHI of 1, but still sleepy, napping, dry mouth yngwiej 21 1,331 10-05-2024, 05:28 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  is the answer to this data mouth tape? p4ncaketim 3 256 10-03-2024, 09:06 PM
Last Post: eok361

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.